Slogan: “Faith, Family and Freedom”
Profession: Regional manager for the “nation’s largest builder”
Funding: No answer provided
Endorsements: No answer provided
1. Do you favor A) creating a regional water authority, B) giving the existing system to the Metropolitan Sewerage District or C) leaving it under Asheville’s control? Why?
I favor an equitable solution that is fair to all ratepayers
2. Do you support granting domestic-partner rights and/or benefits to Buncombe County employees? (Yes/No) Why?
No, I believe in the biblical definition of marriage.
3. Do you favor offering tax breaks and other economic-development incentives to companies that agree to move here or expand existing facilities and hire local workers? (Yes/No) Why?
Yes, but only if the ROI is determined to bring tax dollars to the county in the future. Business must receive incentives to create jobs in the small-business sector and also to attract manufacturing jobs.
4. Do you think the county should make funding the Connect Buncombe greenways a high priority? (Yes/No) Why?
I love greenways but there are other areas in the county that should benefit also.
5. What’s the most important role of county government in job creation?
Reducing the burden of regulations on small business and going after larger companies through aggressive marketing. We need to be “OPEN FOR BUSINESS” in Buncombe County.