This week’s additions to The Xpress Files, our online archive of key public records:
• A quarterly update on Asheville City Council’s Strategic Plan objectives, as identified by Council members in January 2007. The city staff report summarizes progress on eight main objectives, and offers detailed information on key economic indicators and crime- and drug-suppression efforts.
• A new digital-billboard ordinance recently approved by Council, with explanatory documents.
• The city of Asheville’s latest quarterly financial report.
• Select pages from the UDO “book of interpretations” — a compendium of memos, e-mails and reports that Asheville planning staff use to help them apply facets of the Unified Development Ordinance.
• The Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office 2007 Annual Report — the first issued by Sheriff Van Duncan, who defeated then-Sheriff Bobby Medford in the 2006 election.
— Jon Elliston, managing editor