Today’s regular meeting of the Buncombe County Board of Commissioners promises to be a real humdinger, with a number of contentious items scheduled to fall under the board’s gaze.
Items on the agenda include:
• Adoption of the county’s fiscal year 2008 budget
• Approval of a billing schedule for the county health center
• Consideration of an ordinance “prohibiting sex offenders from entering county parks and recreation areas”
• Discussion of a resolution “requesting the environmental advisory board to draft a policy regarding tree preservation on ridge tops and hillsides”
• An update on the Pack Park project
• and a hearty helping of board appointments.
Public comment begins at 4 p.m. and the regular meeting starts at 4:30 p.m. As always, the meeting will be held on the second floor of the Buncombe County Courthouse.
— Kent Priestley, staff writer