Curious about up-to-the minute news on the Asheville-area food scene? We are too. At the Xpress, we keep a close eye on Twitter to help keep abreast of local goings-on, much of which we try to pass on to you. Here is some of what we saw this past week.
Want to follow Xpress food news on Twitter? @MXeat is our food-centric Twitter handle.
• Ate the best jerk chicken of my life last night at Pisgah Brewery. Thanks Charles!! JA! (via @moeweller) 3/6/2010, 11:20 am
• Curras Nuevo Cuisine (previously Curras Dom) is celebrating our 2nd anniversary (via @CurrasDOM) 3/7/2010, 11:12am
• Big crowd @LuellasBBQ for brunch!! Beautiful! (via @blueh2oseafood) 3/7/2010, 2:23pm
• Are we getting a Whole Foods or a Trader Joe’s? Maybe. Are we just starting rumors? Maybe. http: //bit.ly/ch7WPP (via @MXeat) 3/8/2010, 9:16pm
• 1/2-price Hump Day: 1/2 off soups, salads, sandwiches from 11a -1p. (via @SazeracAVL) 10/2010, 11:31am
• Children Eat Free tonight!! Win! (@ The Cellar Door) http: //4sq.com/9mnbPp (via @bmccall17) 3/10/2010, 6:15 pm
• Ready for ramps? The season’s coming, says Jeanine Davis at NC Alt Crops/Organics http: //bit.ly/9DtFIH (via @mvwilliams) 3/10/2010, 1:35 pm
• #AVL restaurants, we have Clifford coloring sheets&crayons for yr wee guests! DM me if you’d like a supply…(via @healthadventure) 3/11/2010, 11:57 am
• April 1: No joke! @TerrapinBeerCo #Asheville Pub Crawl. Register at @bruisinales! http: //tinyurl.com/ycametr (via @bruisinales) 3/11/2010, 1:07 pm
• $1,500 gift card is up for grabs. Will you win? http: //www.youtube.com/group/myjourneycontest (via @EarthFare) 3/11/2010, 2:04 pm
• Happy Hour $3-6 food menu 4-6pm @monkpub (via @monkpub) 3/11/2010, 4:19 pm
— Mackensy Lunsford, food coordinator