I saw a news story on WLOS last week that covered the Buncombe County GOP ad with the three teens. Those teens asked our president good questions that still need to be answered. An interesting comment on that news story came from Mr. Charles Carter [Buncombe] County Democratic chairman. He stated the ad didn't represent our mountain values.
Charles Carter apparently does not understand the values of the people who live in our great county. Here's what we really value:
• Limited government and lower taxes
• Gun ownership / gun rights
• The strongest protection for unborn children
• A strong military and not helping our enemies grow stronger
• Faith in God and not eroding public worship and prayer
• Jobs and a future for our children
• Private-property rights
• Individual freedom (letting us choose what is best for us, not government)
• Stopping illegal immigration
These are the things we believe in and are also what our county Republicans stand for. Elected Democrats like Susan Fisher ,who spends our money to go to Hawaii, cannot claim all of these values. Nor can Martin Nesbitt, Bruce Goforth, or Heath Shuler, who all raise both spending and taxes.
— Christian Eck