- The group's big sound invites comparisons to 1970s megastars like Queen. And two tracks were written and produced by American artist Gregg Alexander.With live music, local food vendors and trademark “Craffle Giveaways,” it’s part party, part marketplace and part reunion. The winter iteration takes place on Sunday, Dec. 4, at the US…The band, led by singer-songwriter Eric D. Johnson, returns to The Mothlight on Sunday, Dec. 4.Brevard listening room 185 King Street hosts an intimate evening with the bluegrass virtuoso on Saturday, Dec. 3.For the show, Tom Godleski penned a pair of holiday songs, as well — something he says he’s always wanted to do. A two-song CD with those new tracks will…The fifth annual performance of the darkly surreal ballet will take place at Diana Wortham Theatre on Friday, Dec. 2, and Saturday, Dec. 3.Local rockers Minorcan will open for Dondero at The Altamont Theatre on Thursday, Dec. 1.
- The Blue Ridge Food Ventures 2016 Holiday Market offers a one-stop shop for local goods. Also, Villagers holds a bone broth workshop, Buxton Hall hosts a six-course pop-up dinner, Gypsy…From nonprofit work to local hires to humanitarian relief, Oskar Blues has excelled at integrating itself into the Brevard community.Asheville Bar Wars is back for its third year, inviting local imbibers to vote for their favorite Manhattan cocktail as presented by participating Asheville mixologists.Savory pies, fish and chips and English "butties" will pair with local and British brews at this new downtown English pub.
- The Japanese art of shinrin-yoku, or forest "bathing," has come to WNC. Forest guides help people experience the woods in an intentional manner, while the forest itself acts as therapist…
- Whether triggered by climate change or normal variability in cycles of temperature and drought, recent wildfires have been some of the most extensive in living memory. With tens of thousands…Asheville-based nonprofit Mama Maisha, which promotes family planning, healthy pregnancies and safe deliveries in Tanzania, is holding its next benefit at Lexington Avenue Brewery on Friday, Dec. 2. Emma's Lounge…
- "We hope that if people sympathize with the demise of one helpless sheep and recognize, that he or she didn't deserve to be “harvested” and “processed,” that this will carry…" Next year, please leave us alone, and go focus your time on issues that matter like racist police brutality, factory farms, gentrification, climate change, etc.""The irony is that a reductive materialist worldview is arguably what has caused humanity to view the Earth as our own personal grab bag and dumping ground in the first…"I want to tell these families that the Opportunity Scholarship can change their children’s lives for the better. My family is proof of that.""Yes, my friends, all lives do matter. But until white America realizes that black children are loved by their parents the same way you love yours, we are all in…