The annual Montford Music & Arts Festival, now in its ninth year, returns this Saturday, May 19. Think of it as a giant neighborhood block party — only you don’t have to live in Montford to be invited. Nope, all you have to do is show up between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m., rain or shine, in the vicinity of Montford Avenue and Soco, Cullowhee and Waneta Streets (aka near Nine Mile).
Here’s what to expect: A full day of live music, arts and crafts, food vendors and dance performances. According to the Facebook invite, apparel designers, non profits, massage therapists, acupuncturists and green vendors will also be represented.
And it’s free. Here’s a hint: Don’t bring your pets, and bike, walk or carpool to the festival if possible because parking is limited.
• Kon Tiki, 11 a.m.
• Ira Bernstein & John Herrmann, 12:15 p.m.
• David Holt & the Lightning Bolts with Reggie Harris, 1:15 p.m.
• Buncombe Turnpike, 2:30 p.m.
• Snake Oil Medicine Show, 3:45 p.m.
• Free Flow Band, 5 p.m.
• WestSound, 6:15 p.m.
• Evergreen EMBE Marimba band, 10 a.m.
• BitterSweet, noon
• The Secret B-Sides, 1 p.m.
• The Judas Horse, 2 p.m.
• Lyric, 3 p.m.
• Jahman Brahman, 4 p.m.
• Pick Your Switch, 5 p.m.
• The Swayback Sisters, 6 p.m.
Photo by photobug_fred.