This morning Moogfest promoters announced additions to the festival’s already extensive lineup. Among the expanded lineup:
• New Wave band Devo who formed in 1973 and crafted the hit “Whip It.”
• Van Dyke Parks, an L.A.-based composer whose bio reads, “Van Dyke Parks (1943-) established a recording career as artist, arranger, producer, and songwriter in 1963. In that year, he had his first professional job in movie music as arranger for ‘The Bear Necessities.’”
• Brooklyn’s Clare and The Reasons recently released their second album, Arrow on the heels of debut The Movie, which included contributions from Van Dyke Parks and Sufjan Stevens.
• Philadelphia-based jam band The Disco Biscuits.
• U.K.-based electronic musician, producer and DJ Sara Abdel-Hamid a.k.a. Ikonika.
The update from Moogfest reads, “Hey you Moogerfoogers, remember how we called this an “expanded lineup” and not the final lineup? Well, it’s still expanding and we have a few more Halloween treats for you. Devo, Bonobo, Van Dyke Parks and Clare and The Reasons will be joining Friday night’s lineup and The Disco Biscuits and Ikonika will perform on Saturday!
“Keep an eye on the moogfest 2010 website, Facebook page and Twitter feed for more artist announcements – there will be more to come. We’ll see you in Asheville, NC on Halloween weekend, October 29-31 to celebrate everything Moog.
“Tickets for moogfest 2010 go on sale today at 12 Noon Eastern Time. Weekend festival passes – along with tickets for each individual day – will be available. To purchase tickets and for more information, visit moogfest.com.”
Click here for more info on the previously-announced lineup and schedule.
Friday, Oct. 29
Nortec Collective Presents: Bostich & Fussible
Saturn Never Sleeps (Featuring King Britt & Rucyl)
The Octopus Project
Saturday, Oct. 30
School of Seven Bells
Sunday, Oct. 31