OK, so the weekend is still days away. That gives you plenty of time to sell something on eBay or roll your spare change in anticipation of the weekend’s musical offerings. And, in the spirit of near-instant gratification, this roundup (no show over $5!) starts with Thursday night.
Thursday, Jan. 22:
• Hardcore band Hundredth plays a 7 p.m. show at Heavenly Perks (2560 Chimney Rock Road, Hendersonville). $3 includes supporting acts Fairground Avenue and Torches.
• One-armed guitar wonder Lefty Williams (pictured) is at The Emerald Lounge (112 N. Lexington Ave., Asheville) at 9 p.m. $5.
• Boone’s Do it to Julia plays a free, 9 p.m. show at Westville Pub (777 Haywood Rd., West Asheville).
Friday, Jan. 23:
• Higher Ground is at Well-Bred Bakery (26 N. Main St., Weaverville) at 7 p.m., free.
• Catch local jazz artist Adam Yeager at Emerald Lounge (112 N. Lexington Ave, Asheville) at 8 p.m. $5.
• Like to keep a fully-booked social calendar? The Sharkadelics can fill your 9:45 p.m. slot with their show at The Hangar (I – 26 Asheville Airport Exit, Arden). $5.
• Moving Temple plays a 10:30 p.m. show at New French Bar (12 Biltmore Ave., Asheville). Cover is $5.
Saturday, Jan. 24:
• Folk-rocker Richie Valentine will be at Catawba Vale Café (32 East Main St., Old Fort). The free performance kicks off at noon.
• At 7 p.m., blues and swing act Brother Fatback (and other acts TBA) plays a benefit for ArtSpace Charter School at the ArtSpace Charter School Auditorium in Swannanoa. By donation.
• Brittany Reilly brings bluegrass to the Feed & Seed (3715 Hendersonville Road, Fletcher) stage at 8 p.m. Free.
• Harvest Records (415 B Haywood Rd., Asheville) presents psychedelic act MV & EE with the Golden Road at 8 p.m. $5.
• Feel like staying at home? The South French Broads hosts a house party (273 South French Broad Ave., Asheville) with guests Sirius B, Nikki Talley, King Tut and Micheal Hefner. 8 p.m., donations accepted.
• Cabo Verde plays a free, 8 p.m. gig at Zambra (85 W. Walnut St., Asheville).
• Catch Cary Fridley and Down South at the same time, same cover (free!) at the Lobster Trap (35 Patton Ave., Asheville).
• For something a little different (it’s not every day you can hear crunk in Asheville), check out Eaze Dogg at Hookah Joe’s (50 Commerce St., Asheville). 8 p.m., free.
• At 9 p.m.: Gainsville, Fla.-based Diocious is at Warren Wilson College in Swannanoa. Free.
• Sons of Ralph puts in a 9 p.m. appearance at Jack of the Wood (95 Patton Ave., Asheville). $5.
• Round out the evening at Toliver’s Crossing (733 Haywood Road, Asheville) where folky Bently Adair plays a 10 p.m. spot for “beers and tips.”
— Alli Marshall, A&E reporter