You’ve come to the right place! Each year, thousands of residents and visitors take part in evaluating what’s best and brightest about a very wonderful place — Western North Carolina. With spring in full bloom and twelve months of lockdown behind us, voting for what you love most about your community is restorative; it’s an affirmation.
This year’s ballot asks for your opinion on hundreds of topics and issues — to register your passions, your knowledge and your favorite things. It also includes a dozen new categories to get your views on the challenges of COVID-19. The ballot is long — it’s comprehensive — so please feel free to skip categories that don’t interest you or that you’re unfamiliar with.
These are the rules for the 2021 Best of WNC Readers’ Poll:
- The official voting period is Wednesday, April 21, through 11:59 p.m. (midnight) Monday, May 31.
- Your ballot must have at least 30 categories completed to be counted (Responses like “don’t know” and “NA” don’t count).
- You have seven days to complete your ballot. After seven days, your ballot will be automatically closed and submitted.
- One ballot per reader. We reserve the right to reject any ballot we deem fraudulent.
- Read and follow section and category instructions.
Have a problem voting? Call us Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at 251-1333. Or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A few important points before you get started…
- All categories are free-choice write-in. However, the ballot has an autocomplete drop-down menu for most categories to improve your voting experience (and our vote-tabulation process), once again. When you type 3 or more characters in an answer field (for most categories), you’ll be offered a drop-down list of answers to choose from. If you don’t see the answer you want, just ignore the list and type your own answer.
- You can take a break from voting by clicking the “Resume Later” button, which allows you to close your ballot and return later. You have seven days to complete your ballot.
- Save your ballot-registration email — it contains the link you’ll need to return to your ballot (until you complete your ballot by clicking “Submit”).
- To return to your unfinished ballot, click the link in your original ballot-registration email that you received when you initially registered.
- New this year! In order to participate you must have a Mountain Xpress website account. If you are not already logged in you will be prompted to login to an existing account or register for a new account before you get started. It only takes a minute to register! (If you do not receive your password email, please check your spam folder. Also make sure the e-mail associated with your existing account is up-to-date.)
Got a business you think should be voted Best of WNC? Want to help promote your favorite places? Here are links to download printable promotional materials PDF (poster & 2 postcards) and online “Vote Now” Web Graphics.