Get ready to vote! Each year, thousands of residents and visitors take part in celebrating what’s best and brightest about a very wonderful place — Western North Carolina. This year’s ballot asks for your opinion on hundreds of topics and issues — to shed light on our manifold passions and favorite things. We invite you to join in and vote this year with your passion and your knowledge.
Here are the rules for the 2018 Best of WNC Readers’ Poll:
- The official voting period is Tuesday, March 27, through 11:59 p.m. (midnight) Saturday, April 28.
- Your ballot must have at least 30 categories completed to be counted.
- One ballot per reader, please. We reserve the right to discard any ballot we deem fraudulent.
- Read and follow section and category instructions.
Have a problem voting? Call us Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at 251-1333. Or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A few important points before you get started…
- All categories are write-in.
- You can take a break from voting by clicking the Save and Resume Later button, which allows you to return to your ballot later.
- Save your ballot-registration email — it contains the link that will let you return to your ballot (until you finish and submit it).
- To return to your unfinished ballot, use the link in the original ballot-registration email that you received when you initially registered.
- New this year! In order to participate you must have a Mountain Xpress website account. If you are not already logged in you will be prompted to login to an existing account or register for a new account before you get started. It only takes a minute to register! (If you do not receive your password email, please check your spam folder. Also make sure the e-mail associated with your existing account is up-to-date.)
- To get started, scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on the giant “Click Here to Vote” graphic.
Got a business you think should be voted Best of WNC? Want to help promote your favorite places? Here are links to download printable promotional materials PDF (poster, postcard & table tent) and online “Vote Now” Web Graphics.