Get ready to vote! Each year, thousands of residents and visitors take part in celebrating what’s best and brightest about a very wonderful place — Western North Carolina. And in these uncertain times, when everything seems topsy-turvy, voting for what you love most about our community is a positive action, an affirmation.
This year’s ballot asks for your opinion on hundreds of topics and issues — to shed light on our manifold passions and favorite things. We invite you to join in and vote this year with your passion and your knowledge.
Here are the rules for the 2020 Best of WNC Readers’ Poll:
- The official voting period is Friday, March 27, through 11:59 p.m. (midnight) Wednesday, May 20.
- Your ballot must have at least 30 categories completed to be counted (Responses like “don’t know” and “NA” don’t count).
- You have seven days to complete your ballot. After seven days, your ballot will be automatically closed and submitted.
- One ballot per reader. We reserve the right to discard any ballot we deem fraudulent.
- Read and follow section and category instructions.
Have a problem voting? Call us Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. at 251-1333. Or e-mail us at email@example.com
A few important points before you get started…
- All categories are write-in. However, to improve your voting experience (and our vote-tabulation process), once again this year’s ballot features an autocomplete feature. When you type 3 or more characters in an answer field (for most categories), you’ll be offered a drop-down list of answers to choose from. If you don’t see the answer you want, just ignore the list and type your own answer.
- You can take a break from voting by clicking the “Resume Later” button, which allows you to return to close your ballot and return later. You have seven days to complete your ballot.
- Save your ballot-registration email — it contains the link that will let you return to your ballot (until you complete your ballot by clicking “Submit”).
- To return to your unfinished ballot, use the link in your original ballot-registration email that you received when you initially registered.
- New this year! In order to participate you must have a Mountain Xpress website account. If you are not already logged in you will be prompted to login to an existing account or register for a new account before you get started. It only takes a minute to register! (If you do not receive your password email, please check your spam folder. Also make sure the e-mail associated with your existing account is up-to-date.)
- To get started, scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on the giant “Click Here to start voting” graphic.
Got a business you think should be voted Best of WNC? Want to help promote your favorite places? Here are links to download printable promotional materials PDF (poster, postcard & table tent) and online “Vote Now” Web Graphics.