Message from New Belgium Brewing:
Like you, New Belgium Brewing has a strong commitment to supporting community and recognizes the heartbreaking impact of COVID- 19 on our local food and beverage communities. We have established the New Belgium Brewing Bar & Restaurant Relief Fund to support laid off and furloughed food and beverage employees in both of our hometown markets of Fort Collins, Colorado and Asheville, North Carolina, who are in need of financial assistance due to the COVID-19 economic disruption.
New Belgium is humbled to have the opportunity to seed this fund with a $50,000 donation and a commitment to match donations up to an additional $50,000. We invite individuals and businesses, who are able, to also donate and help support the many individuals and families in the food and beverage industry that need financial assistance right now. Grants in the amount of $350 per individual will be distributed to help as many qualified applicants as possible.
- The applicant was employed in a restaurant, bar, nightclub, music hall or stadium in Fort Collins, CO or Asheville, NC
- The applicant worked at least 20 hours per week for the past month
- The applicant has been laid off or furloughed due to the COVID-19 economic crisis and is no longer employed by that employer or another employer
- The applicant did not receive severance to cover lost income
To learn more about the grant application or to donate:
- Go to our website: https://www.newbelgium.com/gives
- Text “NBBGives” to 44321
Before you comment
The comments section is here to provide a platform for civil dialogue on the issues we face together as a local community. Xpress is committed to offering this platform for all voices, but when the tone of the discussion gets nasty or strays off topic, we believe many people choose not to participate. Xpress editors are determined to moderate comments to ensure a constructive interchange is maintained. All comments judged not to be in keeping with the spirit of civil discourse will be removed and repeat violators will be banned. See here for our terms of service. Thank you for being part of this effort to promote respectful discussion.