If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Remember the Russian proverb: “Doveryai, no proveryai,” trust but verify. When answering classified ads, always err on the side of caution. Especially beware of any party asking you to give them financial or identification information. The Mountain Xpress cannot be responsible for ensuring that each advertising client is legitimate. Please report scams to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for experienced Millwrights workers, HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical Technicians, along with CDL Drivers to perform industrial projects in Western North Carolina and the Upstate of South Carolina. Jobs may require overtime and occasional out of town travel. If you are interested in being a part of our team please go to our website, imocoinc.net/employment/ to fill out an application or drop by our office located at 111 Guaranteed Way, Fletcher, NC 28732.
We are looking for more than a skilled Construction worker; we are looking for someone who wants to help further our mission of building homes, communities and hope.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Construction Supervisor will oversee the construction of Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity (AAHH) houses and work along side and guide our volunteers.
1. Oversee, mentor and instruct daily up to 10 skilled or unskilled volunteers on AAHH new homes projects in construction procedures, quality, and safety.
2. Assure that all work performed on Habitat construction site(s) is done in accordance with the AAHH Safety Policy
3. Assure that all work on AAHH new home construction is in accordance with approved drawings, current building codes, and AAHH building practices.
4. Assure that proper and sufficient materials and equipment are available for each day’s work.
5. Assist in the proper control, maintenance, storage, and security of all materials, tools, and equipment.
6. Responsible for a clean and orderly jobsite appearance.
7. Supervise, motivate, and give recognition to volunteer work crews.
8. Complete final walk-through checklist and closing punch list for assigned houses.
9. Participate in required department or affiliate-wide meetings, events, professional development, training, and process improvement.
10. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
· Commitment to the mission and values of AAHH
· High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
· Two or more years’ experience in residential construction or one year full-time staff or stipend volunteer experience with Habitat for Humanity’s construction programs.
· Previous experience teaching or supervising volunteers or students preferred.