Outward Bound Services Group Seasonal Admissions Advisor
Outward Bound Services Group in Asheville, NC is seeking highly motivated seasonal Admissions Advisors for the 2019 season. OBSG is accepting resumes for F/T seasonal Admissions Advisors positions available immediately and ending July 31, 2019. All seasonal positions pay a living wage for the Asheville area. Seasonal positions occasionally have the possibility of moving to F/T, year-round, benefit eligible positions at the end of the season.
Outward Bound is the leading provider of experiential and outdoor education programs for youth and adults. Our mission is to change lives through challenge and discovery. Outward Bound Services Group (OBSG) cooperatively markets Outward Bound expeditions for a national network of regional Outward Bound Schools.
Admissions Advisors are the first point of contact and responsible for fielding phone and web inquiries for the national phone line and website. The position includes customer service and directing inquiries to the correct regional office, following up with prospective leads and processing initial enrollments on Outward Bound courses. The Admissions Advisor assists customers with course selection and ensures applicants are properly enrolled in accordance with department policies.
Applicant’s knowledge and skills should include:
• Able to problem solve, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks successfully within tight timelines and high stress.
• Able to develop positive, productive relationships with students and their families, as well as Outward Bound staff.
• Experienced in and committed to the delivery of exceptional customer service to all of our customers.
• Sales experience, typing, and telephone skills. Must have computer skills: MS Word, Excel, and email experience. Experience with Salesforce is a plus. Able to quickly learn and use new software systems.
• Willing to work as a team to meet the goals of the department.
• Must be a strong communicator, both verbal and written; and excel under pressure.
• Must be willing and able to sit for long periods of time and work in an office environment.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to: Laurel Zimmerman.