Full Time ReStore Custodian- Asheville Location
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity’s DEI Commitment affirms housing as a human right and homeownership as a foundation for generational wealth and social mobility. We also acknowledge that “bringing people together” is central to our mission. People with diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds are critical to our success.
To thrive in this role the attendant must have integrity, enjoy interacting with people, and be committed to being a team player. A positive attitude, creativity, and flexibility are necessary to be successful as a ReStore team member.
At the ReStore you have Sundays and Mondays off - ReStore closes at 6pm daily - Paid holidays, paid time off. Benefits includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and 401k match.
This position’s work schedule is Tuesday-Saturday on a rotating week-to-week open/close shifts; the open shift is 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, and the Close shift is 9:45 am - 6:15 pm.
Reporting directly to the ReStore Assistant Manager the full-time ReStore Attendant is primarily responsible for the cleanliness of both the Upper and Lower showrooms, restrooms, breakroom, conference room, trash, and recycling. Additional tasks and directives will be assigned and expected upon request from ReStore Managers and Supervisors.
1. Perform cleaning and other as-needed tasks for 31 Meadow Rd building and grounds.
2. Ensure that all equipment assigned is maintained.
3. Order, maintain, and stock all materials needed as related to the full-time attendant position.
4. While performing duties of the job, employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
5. Ensure that all work is performed per ReStore safety guidelines, in accordance with policies that protect AAHH customers, employees, volunteers, and other third parties.
6. The full-time attendant will be called upon at times to lead/train Future Home Owner/Short Terms Volunteers and Core volunteers to help maintain the building’s cleanliness, appearance, and stock levels of materials as related to the Attendant position.
7. The Attendant will be responsible for completing and signing off on a daily checklist.
8. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
· 2 years’ experience in Commercial cleaning Required
· Experience operating buffer preferred
· Ability to stand and walk for long periods
· Ability to lift and move over 50 pounds
· Knowledge of different cleaning products and tools
· Time-management and multitasking abilities
· Physical strength and stamina
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our Drug screening and Drug-Free work place policy.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Living Wage Certified, Family Forward Certified, Breastfeeding Friendly Employer, and a Drug-Free Workplace.