Early Childhood Educators: Lead and Assistant Teachers
The mission of Shalom Children’s Center is to raise each child to form a community of peace. We serve our community by developing positive self-awareness and self-esteem in our children, while fostering an understanding of each child’s interconnectedness with the rest of the world. We are hiring for a variety of positions and welcome your interest! More details below.
Reports To: Early Childhood Education Director
FLSA Classification: Full Time, Hourly / Non-Exempt
Pay Rate / Salary: $18.00 – $19.00/ hour Lead Teachers / $16.50-$17.50/hr depending on credentials for Assistant Teachers
Benefits: Full-time employees enjoy extensive benefits at the Asheville JCC, including: 27+ days of paid holidays and PTO; vision, life, and disability insurance; 401k*; membership at the JCC’s state of the art aquatics center; FREE childcare* at the JCC’s 5-star early childhood and school aged programs; and inclusion in a warm and welcoming center that has served the community for over 80 years. Scroll down for full benefits listing and additional information*.
Job Summary: for Lead and Assistant Teachers:
A Lead Teacher is responsible for designing and implementing an engaging and developmentally appropriate learning experience for the children in their care. The Lead Teacher works closely with families and the teaching team to create a nurturing support system aimed at providing each child with the highest level of individualized care possible and the greatest opportunity for physical, social, emotional and cognitive growth.
An Assistant Teacher is responsible for participating as an essential member of the teaching team to implement engaging and developmentally appropriate learning experiences for the children in their care. The assistant teacher collaborates with the lead teacher to create a nurturing support system aimed at providing each child with the highest level of individualized care possible and the greatest opportunity for physical, social, emotional, and cognitive growth.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
· Free tuition for early childhood/youth programming for the first child, and 50% off for subsequent children.
· Employer paid insurance (after 90 days of service):
o Life Insurance
o Short- and long-term disability
Optional employee-paid insurance:
o Additional Life Insurance
· Retirement 401K (available after 1 year of service)
· 10+ paid holidays
· Two paid “floating holidays” or personal days to be chosen by the employee
· 15+ paid vacation and sick days
· Paid bereavement leave
· Paid weather/emergency related closures
· Free, confidential counseling services through our Employee Assistance Plan
· Ongoing professional development
· Tuition reimbursement for courses at an accredited college or university
· Aquatics membership for employee and their household
· “Learn to Swim” lessons for employee and their household
· Complimentary use of meeting spaces, including the pavilion, aquatics facility, and social hall