Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- Highland Brewing Co. releases its first seasonal can, Stargazer White Ale, on Friday, April 27, at the brewery. Stargazer was brewed with grapefruit peel, candied ginger, coriander and Saphir hops and features a malt bill including North Carolina-grown wheat and rye malted by Riverbend Malt House. The release party will include a screening of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story in the tasting room and stargazing in The Meadow after dark.
- Bhramari Brewing Co. releases two new cans on Saturday, April 28, to celebrate its participation in this year’s Craft Brewer’s Conference. Triangular Optics (8.8 percent ABV) is a milkshake IPA brewed with Thai tea, plum, lactose and vanilla in collaboration with Mantra Artisan Ales of Franklin, Tenn. The second release, City of Gold S.M.A.S.H. IPA (7.7 percent ABV), is a single-malt, single-hops beer brewed to feature El Dorado hops from Yakima Quality Hops and Golden Promise malt. Both beers will be available in 16-ounce cans as singles or four-packs and will see limited distribution.
- Wedge at Foundation is currently pouring Ekuanot SMASH Beer (5 percent ABV), a single-malt and single-hops beer featuring Ekuanot hops and Vienna malt.
- In addition to its dual can release, Bhramari taps three new small-batch beers this week. First to hit the draft lines, on Tuesday, April 24, is TCB Blonde Ale, brewed with peanut butter, bananas and bacon. Then, on Saturday, April 28, Unicorn Death Wish Berliner Weisse with Rainbow Sherbet and Bloody Hell Dry-Hopped Gose, brewed with spent sangria fruit and charred American oak, will be tapped.
- On Friday, April 27, Thirsty Monk releases Abby Strawberry Blonde (7.1 percent ABV), a version of the brewery’s Abby Blonde brewed with strawberry purée, at both Monk locations.
- Bruisin’ Ales‘ free weekly tasting will feature beers from Lagunitas Brewing Co. 5-7 p.m. Friday, April 27, including Waldos’ Special Ale, CitruSinensis Pale Ale, Born Yesterday Pale Ale, Eroica Farmhouse Ale, and Willettized Imperial Stout.
- Hillman Beer celebrates its first anniversary Saturday, April 28, with its Hillman Hell-of-a-Hullaballoo party, including limited-edition anniversary t-shirts for sale, the release of commemorative anniversary beer One Down Brett Saison and live music from The Resonant Rogues (1-3 p.m.), Paper Crowns (4-6 p.m.) and Special Affair (7-9 p.m.). Rise Above Deli will provide barbecue noon-8 p.m. while supplies last.
- Burial Beer Co. hosts its fifth annual Sharpen the Blades saison festival noon-8 p.m. Saturday, April 28. VIP tickets are sold out, but general admission tickets are available here, and a full brewery lineup can be found here.