Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
- Green Man Brewery releases Forester Stout on Tuesday, Dec. 1, in its taproom and in six-packs of 12-ounce bottles around town.
- Highland Brewing Co.‘s Devil’s Britches red IPA returns on Friday, Dec. 4, at 4 p.m. in its taproom. The beer will be available on draft and in six-packs of 12-ounce bottles.
- Green Man Brewery‘s Holly King barrel-aged holiday ale will be available in local bottle shops starting Friday, Dec. 4. This year marks the first time the 9.8 percent ABV brew will be sold in four-packs of 12 ounce bottles.
- Burial Beer Co.‘s Shadowclock Pilsner returns Tuesday, Dec. 8. on draft and in 16 ounce cans. Shadowclock will be initially available at the brewery before arriving at specialty retailers around town.
- On Wednesday, Dec. 2, Burial Beer Co. taps Tin Cup Yirgacheffe Stout, a 5.6 percent ABV coffee milk stout brewed with rare Ethiopian coffee beans sourced from Biloya, Yirgacheffe and roasted by Counter Culture Coffee.
- As of Friday, Dec. 4, Green Man Brewery has tapped a cask of a cold-pressed coffee variant of its Buxton Bitter.
- On Saturday, Dec. 5, Burial Beer Co. taps Harrow Flower IPA, a 5.2 percent ABV experimental IPA brewed using Riverbend Malt House Pilsner malt, oats, honey and the chinese flower Osmanthus, dry-hopped with Summer, Belma, Galaxy, Rakau and Amarillo, and fermented with Burial’s house wild yeast strain.
- The next Monk Beer Academy class takes place at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, at the downtown Thirsty Monk. This installment will focus on stouts and porters. Registration is free and tasting flights may be purchased upon arrival.
- Thirsty Monk hosts a Winter Brew Night at two of its locations at 4 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3. The Biltmore Park bar will be pouring Anchor Brewing Co. Christmas Ale, Foothills Brewing Barrel Aged People’s Porter, Prairie Artisan Ales Bomb! imperial stout, Highland Brewing Co. Cold Mountain Winter Ale, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Celebration Ale, Olde Hickory Brewery Lindley Park imperial stout, New Belgium Brewing Co. Accumulation White IPA, Pisgah Brewing Co. Chocolatized imperial stout, Samuel Adams Merry Maker Gingerbread Stout, Anderson Valley Brewing Co. Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale and Thirsty Monk Normtrooper Imperial Stout. The Reynolds Village bar will have Highland Brewing Co. Cold Mountain Winter Ale, Bell’s Brewery Winter White Ale, Foothills Brewing Frostbite Black IPA, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Celebration Ale, New Belgium Brewing Co. Accumulation White IPA, Anchor Brewing Co. Christmas Ale and Thirsty Monk Normtrooper Imperial Stout.
- Green Man Brewery will have tastes of its Holly King holiday ale 5-7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, at the Satellite Gallery. The event is primarily a showcase of the work of local artist Rob Hunt, who designed the label art for the beer’s 2015 edition.
- Green Man Brewery‘s offerings will also be the focus of Bruisin’ Ales‘ tasting on Thursday, Dec. 3, 6-8 p.m. In addition to Holly King and Forester, bottles of None More Black, Demon Dweller, Bootsy, Maceo and Snozzberry will be pouring.