Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fonta Flora Brewery hosts its second Funk and Monk celebration Saturday, Feb. 20, starting at 3 p.m. This year’s event will see the release of six distinct bottle offerings and promises a more streamlined process than last year’s growler fills of Urban Monk variants. Bottles available for purchase will include: Need a Hug, a 500-milliliter bottle-conditioned Appalachian wild ale fermented in oak barrels with local blueberries and local elderberries with a limit of six bottles per person; Big Shrug, a 500-milliliter bottle-conditioned Appalachian wild ale fermented in oak barrels with local blackberries and local fennel with a five-bottle limit; and Urban Monk Imperial Stout, aged on Defiant whiskey oak spirals, available in 750-milliliter bottles with a limit of three bottles per person. Three variants of Urban Monk will also be available with a one-bottle limit on each.
- Bruisin’ Ales hosts a tasting Feb. 17 from 4-7 p.m. to celebrate the launch of Troegs Independent Brewing in the Asheville market. Hop Nectar IPA will be pouring on draft, with samples of Cultivator Hellesbock, Troegenator Dopplebock, Jovial Dubbel, LaGrave Tripel, and Perpetual IPA also available.
- Burial Beer Co. Bolo Coconut Brown returns in 16-ounce cans on Wednesday, Feb. 17. The 5.6 percent ABV American brown ale is brewed with 50 pounds of toasted coconut.
- Green Man Brewery has released its seasonal Rambler Dry-Hopped Pale Ale in 6-packs throughout its distribution footprint.
- Following Stout Hog Day, Pisgah Brewing Co. has released three of its dark offerings featured at that event into Asheville distribution. Chocolatized, Cosmos Belgian-style Baltic Porter and Vanilla Oatmeal Porter are all currently available at specialty retailers.
- Lookout Brewing Co. releases its newest sour, The Squeeze, on Friday, Feb. 19. Named after the Class IV rapid on the Green River, the 4.7 percent ABV brew is dry-hopped with lime zest and cilantro.
- Hi-Wire Brewing is pouring its new Dark Belgian Table Beer, a malt-forward 2.9 percent ABV Belgian-style amber table beer on draft only at both Hi-Wire locations.
- On Friday, Feb. 19, Burial Beer Co. will be pouring Tack Hammer Session Stout, a draft-only 4 percent ABV stout brewed with chocolate and brown malts as well as black barley, and dry-hopped with six hop varieties.
- Wedge Brewing Co. is currently pouring its new Narrow-Gauge IPA, a 4.3 percent ABV session IPA brewed with Amarillo, Citra and Mosaic hops crafted by assistant brewers Andy Shepard and Ian Leightner.
- Green Man Brewery has Sunseeker Pils on draft and will be packaging the new brew this summer.