Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zebulon Artisan Ales hosts its grand opening and first bottle release 1-6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 12, and Saturday, Feb. 13, at its Weaverville brewery. Batch 1 is a 6.5 percent ABV classic saison brewed with pils malt, rye, spelt, oats and raw wheat, fermented with a house saison blend and bottled with a house Brettanomyces blend. Batch 2 is a 7.5 percent ABV smoked stout made with Mountain Air Roasting coffee. All bottles are corked and caged, 750-milliliter and bottle-conditioned. Each is $12 and customers are limited to six bottles of each style per person.
- Green Man Brewery La Mas Negra Imperial Black Ale returns Friday, Feb. 12 in 750 milliliter bottles and on draft at the tasting room. The 8.9 percent ABV beer is brewed with specialty roasted malts and the Mexican brown sugar Panela, then aged on cocoa nibs from French Broad Chocolate, cinnamon, ancho, guajillo and smoked morita chilis.
- Cans of Boojum Brewing Co. Graveyard Fields Blueberry Coffee Porter (5 percent ABV) and dry-hopped Reward American Pale Ale (5.6 percent ABV) will be distributed around Western North Carolina this week. The two beers join King of the Mountain Double IPA in Boojum’s can portfolio.
- A new batch of Burial Beer Co. Pipehawk Mountain Ale will be tapped Thursday, Feb. 11. The sessionable (4 percent ABV) IPA is brewed with a light malt bill and a British yeast strain and dry hopped using Centennial hops.
- Lookout Brewing Co. releases Nude Brude white milk stout on Saturday, Feb. 13. The malt-forward beer was dry hopped with bourbon vanilla.