Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As of Monday, June 27, Burial Beer Co. The Keeper’s Veil Honey Saison is available for the first time in 16-ounce cans. Brewed exclusively using Riverbend Malthouse six-row malt and wheat alongside wildflower honey, the 5.5 percent ABV beer gets the majority of its floral nuance from the addition of hibiscus, chamomile, rose petals, passion flower, heather, lavender and elderflowers. The Keeper’s Veil cans will be sold at the taproom – where it’s also available on draft – and in limited distribution.
On Sunday, July 3, at noon, bottles of 13th Moon, the last of the yearlong Moon Series, go on sale at the taproom. The IPA is brewed with passion fruit and fermented on honeysuckle, heather, strawberry leaf and elderflowers. $16 per 750-milliliter bottle. Limit two bottles per person. Also on sale at noon are bottles of Self-Titled Album: Intro, the first in Burial’s new Album Series. The 750-milliliter bottles of the 9.8 percent ABV Imperial Stout – which will also be on draft starting that day – cost $16 each. Limit 2 bottles per person.
- On Friday, July 1, Bruisin’ Ales will be selling bottles of Foothills Brewing Bourbon Barrel Aged Sexual Chocolate Imperial Stout for the first time. Sales begin when the store opens at noon, and there is a limit of one bottle per customer. All bottle sales will come with a free 4-ounce pour.
- In addition to Keeper’s Veil Honey Saison and Self-Titled Album: Intro, Burial Beer Co. pours three other fresh offerings this week. The 5.2 percent ABV Patersbier (Tuesday, June 28), part of the brewery’s barrel-fermented series, is made with a simple malt bill of Pilsner, Melanoiden malt and Flaked Barley and lightly hopped with Saaz and Magnum hops and Grains of Paradise. The 7.5 percent ABV Sifter Salted Stout (Thursday, June 30) is brewed with oats, Riverbed wheat and sea salt and the 5.7 percent ABV Thresher Coffee Saison (Saturday, July 2) is a French Saison made with cold pressed Counter Culture coffee post fermentation.
- Oyster House Brewing Co. is pouring casks of Irish Coffee Moonstone Oyster Stout and Ginger Brown.
- On Wednesday, June 29, Green Man Brewery will pull out 60 bottles of Snozzberry, its 5.5 percent ABV American sour ale aged in oak barrels, and serve them upstairs at the Greenmansion to celebrate the 45th anniversary of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The beer will be available in 10-ounce pours or a whole bottle for on-site consumption only. The film will also be screened starting at 2 p.m. and will repeat throughout the night.
- On Thursday, June 30, all three Thirsty Monk locations will celebrate Summer Beer Night. Seasonal offerings from Victory Brewing Co., Grimm Artisanal Ales, Maine Brewing Co., Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., New Belgium Brewing Co., French Broad Brewery and more will be tapped.
- Bruisin’ Ales‘ latest free tasting takes place Thursday, June 30, from 5-7 p.m. and features selections from Blackberry Farm Brewery. Samples of Classic Saison, Summer Saison and Noble Cuvee Dry Hopped Saison will be poured, plus a few surprise one-offs and brewery-only special releases.
- On Thursday, June 30, from 5:30-7:30 p.m., Tasty Beverage Co. will tap tap kegs of Gibb’s Hundred Brewing Whirligig Imperial Berliner Weisse and Guilty Party ESB.