Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Green Man Brewery will release Thriller Blood Orange Saison on Friday, Oct. 16. This 7.7 percent ABV saison brewed with blood oranges and beets will be available in 750 mL bottles as well as on draft at the Buxton Avenue tasting room.
- Terrapin Beer Co. releases The Walking Dead Blood Orange IPA this week, an official product tie-in to the popular comic book and TV show brewed in cooperation with franchise creator Robert Kirkman’s Skybound Entertainment.
- Piston Espresso Stout debuts Tuesday, Oct. 13 at Burial Beer Co. Coming in at 9 percent ABV, Piston is a beefed up version of Skillet Donut Stout, focused on producing a stronger, drier and more robust espresso stout and featuring a diverse malt bill and 50 percent more coffee than Skillet.
- Asheville Brewing Co. taps into kegs of Chalice Juice Lager on Thursday, Oct. 15 at all ABC locations. Brewed with German-grown malt and hops, Chalice Juice is a crisp and refreshing pale lager made with Hallertau Blanc, a newer hop variety that gives this 4.6 percent ABV beer a fresh white grape flavor without overpowering the tasty malt base.
- On Thursday, Oct. 15, Burial Beer Co. releases Slasher Sweet Potato Porter. Named for the seasonal harvest tool, the 6.4 percent ABV brew is made with 30 pounds pounds of sweet potatoes per barrel, which gives it a full-bodied mouthfeel and a richness while remaining easy drinking.
- Olde Hickory Brewery will release two highly limited beers on Saturday, Oct. 31st at their Hickory production facility. Carolus Magnus is a Belgian-style quadruple with raisins and figs aged in Armagnac barrels. Calico Jack is an imperial stout aged in rum barrels and brewed with molasses, vanilla, coffee, coconut and cayenne pepper. The line for bottles will begin at 7 a.m. with sales beginning at 9 a.m. Wristbands will be handed out ensuring the opportunity to purchase up to 6 bottles of Jack and 12 bottles of Magnus per customer.
- Bruisin’ Ales‘ tasting this week occurs on Thursday, Oct. 15 from 5-7 p.m. and features selections from Oskar Blues Brewery. Mama’s Little Yella Pils, Dale’s Pale Ale, “Blue Dream” a.k.a Oskar Blues IPA, Old Chub Scotch Ale and Ten FIDY Imperial Stout will be poured.
- Olde Hickory Brewery will be holding a special event Friday, Oct. 30 from 6-9 p.m. at their production facility (not the Taproom or the Station downtown) in celebration of the release of Carolus Magnus and Calico Jack the following morning. Rare kegs will be tapped alongside traditional favorites, and staff will be present to meet customers and discuss the beers.