Hard as it is to believe, Wicked Weed is less than two years old — well, at least until Dec. 28.
The brewery plans to ring in its second anniversary by releasing a special beer one day early, Terrible 2’s Centuplicate IPA, on Saturday, Dec. 27. This beer is the company’s biggest and hoppiest IPA to date — which is saying something when you’re talking about Wicked Weed. It will be a heady 14 percent ABV and features Centennial, Mosaic, Amarillo and Motueka hops. (If you’re reading this from out of town, or plan on being out of town the day of the release, check www.wickedweedbrewing.com for a list of other locations that will have the beer available across the state.)
The party continues on the official anniversary date, Sunday, Dec. 28, with a dual tasting moving from the Funkatorium to the original brewpub. It all starts at 4 p.m. with a vertical tasting of Black Angel Cherry Sour and Genesis Blond Sour at the Funkatorium (147 Coxe Ave.). Both head brewer Luke Dickinson and head of brewing operations Walt Dickinson will be on-hand and pouring flights of the beers spanning from the first bottling to this month’s batches.
The party continues at the brewpub (91 Biltmore Ave.). Starting at 6 p.m., they’ve lined up a total of six brewer’s cask beers that will be tapped every half hour. The line-up will be:
- Milk & Cookies stout with chocolate cream cookies, cinnamon sticks and vanilla
- “Latin” Freak with agave nectar and lime zest
- French toast stout with strawberries
- El Paraiso coffee stout with goji berries and ancho chilies
- Fig, pear and cardamom IPA with hibiscus and grains of paradise
- Paloma sour with agave nectar and grapefruit salt