- At its heart, Guys and Dolls is a story about the redemptive power of love. The clash of religious morality and the amoral streets of New York never overshadows the…Julian Koster, whose musical saw can be heard in Neutral Milk Hotel and The Music Tapes, created a narrative podcast last fall. “The Orbiting Human Circus (of the Air)” explores the…The songs that he wrote as the future began to unfold are collected on Itinierant Arias, his fourth album. Stelling plays The Altamont Theatre on Saturday, May 27.The band brings its passion for performance to The Mothlight for a free show on Monday, May 29.Drawing from the approach of classic hip-hop producers such as Pete Rock, Diamond D and Large Professor, Worsham’s beats resonated with Bristol’s attitude toward rapping.Eight resident choreographers, three composers and two visual artists will come together for a night of collaborative live performance. With no restrictions beyond a 10-minute time frame, Asheville Ballet artistic…Explore Kenilworth’s studios on Saturday and Sunday, May 27 and 28.Bill Torgerson's latest Asheville documentary is part family adventure, part environmental advocacy.The Orange Peel hosts the Saturday Spectacular, featuring headliner Sydni Deveraux, the Golden Glamazon.The play tells the tale of a wealthy Athenian known for his excessive generosity. It runs through Saturday, May 27.
- The Mountain Sports Fest, which will be held May 26-28, enters its 17th year with a new director, several fresh events and a three-year grant from the City of Asheville…AVL Beer Week 2017 presents a full roster of special releases, tap takeovers, festivals, dinners, parties and even some opportunities for yoga and bhangra dancing.Asheville law enforcement officers provide tips on how to have a safe and enjoyable Beer Week.There are many ways to enjoy AVL Beer Week, but the biggest celebration is always the Beer City Festival showcase of Western North Carolina brews. The festival, now in its eighth…Asheville's second oldest brewery looks back on two decades of operation with rare bottles, new creations and a round-table discussion of sour production history.As quickly as new breweries keep popping up in and around Asheville, the auxiliary businesses that support those beer producers are multiplying even faster. By providing an array of services,…The owners of Jargon and Gan Shan Station discuss the ins and outs of launching an eatery in Foodtopia.Frostbite Ice Cream Bar expands to north Asheville. Also: Blue Dream Curry House celebrates two years, A Taste of Portugal comes to La Guinguette and Put It Up! Youth Food…WHAT: A benefit night for the Asheville Youth Ultimate Frisbee program WHERE: Hi-Wire Brewing WHEN: Thursday, May 25, 4-11 p.m. WHY: With both fall and spring programs, games running several times a week and…
- Asheville, NCHealth coaches serve as partners to other health professionals, helping clients balance diet, rest, exercise and stress to achieve maximum well-being.
- The Collider kicks off National Pollinator Month with a screening of Wings of Life, the Friends of the WNC Nature Center debut two promotional films and more.
- Asheville, NCWhen the DOT finally decided on a design for Section B of the Connector project in 2015, many stakeholders thought they saw light at the end of a very long…Less than 20 years old, geocaching is a new sport that's gained a lot of ground in its short existence. Western North Carolina is prime territory for geocachers, who use…The 2017 Garden Jubilee in downtown Hendersonville May 27 and 28 will feature more than 250 regional vendors along Main Street, offering their gardening tips and tricks along with their…At the first annual Tourism Week Summit, the Asheville Convention and Visitors Bureau unveiled new statistics about the economic impact of tourism in Buncombe County in 2016.
- " To all who came out on a cold, rainy night to eat, drink, dance and have a blast, we do appreciate your presence, energy and support.""Neither of my parents ever complained about the low pay; they just loved their work and were not doing it for money.""I joined the co-op because I wanted to support an alternative to the corporate economy. ... I would like for it to be a model of democratic governance, of community,…