- Local author Donna Glee Williams celebrates the release of her latest sci-fi book, The Night Field, on Friday, July 29, at 3 p.m. at City Lights Bookstore in Sylva.Go behind the scenes of the film and music event with conductor John Jesensky.Disability Pride Month is celebrated with an art show in West Asheville. Plus, Terpsicorps Theatre of Dance turns 20; a parade of lake monsters in Black Mountain; and more.
- Chris Zieber and Nathan Kelischek discuss their return to the Asheville area.Hi-Wire Brewing's new Tiki Easy Bar brings a taste of the islands to the highlands. Also: The Buzz Sober Social Bar and Café opens in Hendersonville; Gingerbread house competition registration…
- Heat, sun and bugs take their toll on summer gardeners. You can toil away by timing your work and dressing the part.
- Regularly scheduled service to Asheville ended in 1975; since at least 1995, advocates have been pushing to bring back the trains.In this month's comedy feature, comedian Morgan Bost discusses social media, online arguments and summertime fun.Revising zoning might be the key to unlocking barriers to affordable housing in Asheville.Prevention of infections is a crucial part of wound care and decreases the need for antibiotic use. But regularly accessing antibiotics, fulfilling prescriptions and taking medication can present obstacles for…North Carolina is on the brink of banning transgender athletes in women’s sports from middle school through college. HB 574, also known as the Fairness in Women's Sports Act, requires…Four months after approving up to $20 million for renovations to McCormick Field, Asheville City Council is taking another step to fund improvements to the home of the Asheville Tourists…Asheville-based Skyrunner Internet, the grant recipient, will expand service in the North and South Turkey Creek, Fairview Forest, Reems Creek and Ox Creek neighborhoods. The county will chip in an…
- "Apparently as part of this agreement, North Carolina sent several swift-water rescue teams to help out aiding and saving people on the swollen streams in Vermont.""Couldn’t the dimensions of the old obelisk yield a new and beguiling one, perhaps composed of a transparent composite material?"What does he mean when he states the Department of Defense will be required to complete a survey of our Western North Carolina region as 'potential locations for future defense…"When you arrive at the front desk, you will be told that it is hotel policy not to accommodate locals or anyone who lives within 50 miles.""As a longtime downtown resident, I must leave my home and impose on friends each time this venue has a concert because of the noise in my home."