- The tracks on the CD comes from the recording of a live show Regan-Blake gave at Black Mountain Center for the Arts in 2017. The stories are a mix of…Zugazagoitia’s performance, along with ACDT co-choreography, is part of the local dance company’s celebration of its 40th year, and will be followed by a lasagna cook-off fundraiser.The commemoration, now in its fourth year, remembers the Jazz Age luminary with a weeklong roster of events.The bilingual Latin folk-pop artist plays the Tryon Fine Arts Center on March 9.The tenth annual art-filled fundraiser is set for March 9 at Ambrose West.To date, the group has produced at least five professional-grade music videos for songs on the new album (plus one for a non-album track — an impassioned reading of the…Kevin “KevOnStage” Fredericks, Tony Baker and Tahir Moore perform at River of Life Full Gospel Church on March 9.What makes this production stand out among the offerings in Asheville is the choice to tackle the absurdists. These playwrights are disruptive, and their goal is to shake up expectations,…The Asheville Symphony presents the piano-duo partners on March 8 at Central UMC.“Mr. Sandman,” “Leader of the Pack,” “Son of a Preacher Man” and other hits are part of the show, which runs March 7-17 at Mars Hill University's Owen Theatre.
- With the South Atlantic Hops Conference in town March 16-17, local brewers discuss their favorite hops and the varieties' standout qualities.A host of factors, including poverty, job loss, lack of transportation, unaffordable housing and chronic health issues, contribute to creating barriers to food access. But the vague mental images painted…Folkmoot celebrates German traditions and Irish luck. Also: Acornucopia Project hosts tasting event; Asheville Wing War returns; Sushi gets served at Isis Restaurant & Music Hall; and more.
- The March 16 gathering at Warren Wilson College will offer informative panel discussions, competitions, tastings and more.
- Asheville native Guerin Piercy is the art director for a new YouTube series and "David Holt’s State of Music" receives a grant for its fourth season.
- The sale of Mission Health to HCA Healthcare means several changes to organizations and services once affiliated with Mission, including a shift of adult day care services from CarePartners to…The 2019 Appalachian Studies Association conference returns to Asheville after 27 years. The annual gathering brings together an eclectic mix of scholars, educators, activists, students, groups and institutions to discuss…By adding a dedicated urban forester, crafting an urban forest master plan and strengthening the current municipal tree ordinance, say members of Asheville's Tree Commission, the city can manage its…Grants to help agencies providing health care services and studying better ways to deliver those services continued to flow in Western North Carolina. Some recent examples include a grant to…On Nov. 2, 1920, Lillian Exum Clement was voted into office as the first female member of the North Carolina House of Representatives. The Buncombe County native served one term.Women make up over half of the local nonprofit's construction staff and work in roles that provide new construction, home repair, volunteer coordination and construction administration. Each year, the Women…The four-phase, roughly $440,000 project is set to begin this spring and conclude in April 2020. Those funds will come from occupancy tax revenue in the Tourism Product Development Fund…The $1.4 million program, unanimously approved by Council members at their Feb. 26 meeting, offers no-interest loans of up to $40,000 for low- and moderate-income borrowers to make down payments…