Nine-12 months before the wedding:
• Select a wedding date and set a budget.
• Book your reception and ceremony locations.
• Find a caterer.
• Decide who will officiate.
• Determine the number of guests and reserve a block of hotel/motel rooms.
• Book a band or DJ as early as possible.
At six-nine months:
• Purchase the gown, tuxedo and bridesmaids’ dresses; reserve tuxes for groomsmen.
• Start planning for honeymoon.
• Reserve a florist.
• Order the wedding cake.
At four-six months:
• Shop for wedding rings.
• Order invitations.
• Complete the guest list.
• Finalize honeymoon details and make reservations.
At two-four months:
• Confirm the menu and catering details.
• Select wedding rings.
• Finalize details with the florist, photographer, musicians, etc.
• Plan a rehearsal dinner.
At six-eight weeks:
• Mail invitations and announcements.
• Make an appointment with a hairdresser.
• Hire transportation for the wedding.
At four-six weeks:
• Schedule a final fitting for your gown.
• Plan the seating for the reception.
At two weeks:
• Handle business and legal details such as name and address changes.
• Get your marriage license.
On the week before the wedding:
• Start packing for the honeymoon.
• Call any guests who have not responded yet.
• Give a final head count to the caterer.
On the day before the wedding:
• Get a manicure or massage to relax.
On the wedding day:
• Make sure the the wedding certificate is signed.
• Allow plenty of time to get dressed.