All events are in Asheville unless otherwise noted.
Thursday, March 31
• Exhibition and reception for Keep your Eyes Open: DIY Photography at WWC. Held at Holden Gallery,Warren Wilson College, 701 Warren Wilson Road, Swannanoa. 5-7 p.m.
• Collector’s dinner, held at the Fischer/Shull home (tickets sold through REVOLVE). 6:30 p.m.
Friday, April 1
• Open house and registration at the Broadway Arts Building, 49 Broadway. 3:30-5:30 p.m.
• Exhibition and reception for Authentic Constructions with Lindsay Lochman, Barb Ciurej, Janelle Young, Constance Thalken and Christina Z. Anderson. Held at Henco Gallery, 54 1/2 Broadway. 4-5:30 p.m.
• Keynote speaker Fred Ritchin on “Bending the Frame: Photography and Social Change.” Broadway Arts Building. 5:30-7 p.m, followed by reception.
Saturday, April 2
• Workshop, “Cameraless Photography: Silver Figurative Rendering Salon,” with Robert Asman. Held at The Asheville Darkroom, Phil Mechanic Studios, 109 Roberts St. (Tickets sold through The Asheville Darkroom.) 9 a.m.-noon
• Presentation and discussion on “Making and Meaning: Photobooks and the Social Fabric” with Clarissa Sligh and Alejandro Cartagena, moderated by Eric Baden. At Black Mountain College Museum + Arts Center, 56 Broadway. 10-11:30 a.m.
• Film screening of From Darkroom to Daylight with director Harvey Wang. At The Altamont Theatre, 18 Church St. 1-2:30 p.m.
• Panel discussion on “Ghosts in the Machine: Finding Craft in the Digital,” with James Huckenpahler, Vasna Pavlovic and Elijah Gowin, moderated by Bernard Welt. At the Altamont Theatre. 2:30-4 p.m.
• Keynote speaker Namita Gupta Wiggers on “Almost Touch + Virtual Communities: photo+craft.” At the Center for Craft, Creativity & Design, 67 Broadway. 5-6:30 p.m.
• photo+craft celebration and presenter’s exhibition, Phantom Practices. At REVOLVE, Cotton Mill Studios, 122 Riverside Drive. 8 p.m.
Sunday, April 3
• “Building a Collection: A Conversation with David Raymond, Hedy Fischer and Randy Shull,” moderated by David J. Brown. At Black Mountain College Museum + Arts Center. 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• DOT Editions visit and lunch with Rocky Kenworthy at 2004 Riverside Drive, Unit 4. (Tickets sold through REVOLVE.) 1-3 p.m.
For more information, go to photocraftavl.com.