Get on boards

So you say you want to get involved? Well, the city of Asheville is game. Numerous boards and commissions have vacancies that need to be filled by civic-minded folks. They include:

ABC Board, Board of Adjustment, Citizens-Police Advisory Committee, Civic Center Commission, Community Relations Council, Sustainable Advisory Committee on Energy and the Environment, Fair Housing Commission, Film Commission, Fireman’s Relief Fund, Greenway Commission, Metropolitan Sewerage District Board, Public Art Board, Transit Commission and Tree Commission.

The city clerk can answer your questions at 259-5601. For complete descriptions and requirements of the boards and commissions, click here.

Brian Postelle, staff writer


Before you comment

The comments section is here to provide a platform for civil dialogue on the issues we face together as a local community. Xpress is committed to offering this platform for all voices, but when the tone of the discussion gets nasty or strays off topic, we believe many people choose not to participate. Xpress editors are determined to moderate comments to ensure a constructive interchange is maintained. All comments judged not to be in keeping with the spirit of civil discourse will be removed and repeat violators will be banned. See here for our terms of service. Thank you for being part of this effort to promote respectful discussion.

Leave a Reply

To leave a reply you may Login with your Mountain Xpress account, connect socially or enter your name and e-mail. Your e-mail address will not be published. All fields are required.