Tomorrow, Aug. 7, is the second Tuesday in August, which can only mean one thing: It’s time for the Buncombe County Board of Commissioners regular monthly meeting.
Our civil servants should be tan and rested after a month off, but the meeting’s lengthy agenda might put a knot in their relaxed muscles.
Highlights on the agenda include:
• A public hearing on a series of rezoning requests for properties within the county;
• The introduction of Buncombe’s new Health Director, Dr. Vicki Ittel;
• An update on the city/county water agreement;
• A discussion of tax collection and insolvent reporting by Tax Administrator Gary Roberts;
• A board discussion of a move to increase tipping fees for the county landfill;
• A resolution to Expedite the Completion of the I-26 Connector;
• and a series of board appointments.
As usual, the board’s meeting will be held in room 204 of the County Courthouse in downtown Asheville, beginning at 4:30 p.m. Public comment begins at 4 p.m.
— Kent Priestley, staff writer