Adult Children of Alcoholics & Dysfunctional Families
For people who grew up in an alcoholic or otherwise dysfunctional home. adultchildren.org
MONDAYS, 7 pm – First Congregational UCC, 20 Oak St.
FRIDAYS, 7 pm – Grace Episcopal Church, 871 Merrimon Ave.
WEDNESDAYS, 7 pm – New Hope Presbyterian Church., 3070 Sweeten Creek Road
SATURDAYS, 8:30 am – First Baptist Church, 312 5th Ave. W., Hendersonville
SUNDAYS, 3 pm – The Servanthood House, 156 E. Chestnut St.
Al-Anon/ Alateen Family Groups
For a full list of meetings contact wnc-alanon.org or 800-286-1326.
For a full list of meetings in WNC, call 828-254-8539 or aancmco.org
Asheville Women for Sobriety
• THURSDAYS, 6:30-8 pm – YWCA of Asheville, 185 S. French Broad Ave.
Asperger’s Adults United
• 2nd & 4th SATURDAYS, 2-4 pm – Hyphen, 81 Patton Ave. Occasionally meets additional Saturdays; contact for details.
Asperger’s Teens United
• SATURDAYS, 6-9 pm – For teens (13-19) and their parents. Meets every 3 weeks starting June 28.
Black Men Mondays
• LAST MONDAYS, 6:30-8 pm – Community Action Opportunities, to bring positive, strong and like-minded Black men together for the benefit of one another as well as the community. Meets at 25 Gaston St. Info: 828-361-4529.
Carolina Resource Center for Eating Disorders
50 S. French Broad Ave., crcfored.com
• 1st and 3rd MONDAYS, 5:30-7:30 pm – Family Support Group.
• WEDNESDAYS, 6-7 pm – Adult support group, ages 18+.
Chronic Pain Support
firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-1555
• 2nd WEDNESDAYS, 6 pm – Held in a private home. Contact for directions.
• TUESDAYS, 7:30 pm – Asheville 12-Step Recovery Club, 22B New Leicester Highway
• SATURDAYS, 11:15 am – First Congregational UCC, 20 Oak St. Use back door.
• MONDAYS, 7 pm – First Congregational UCC, 20 Oak St., Room 107
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
magneticminds.weebly.com or 828-367-7660
• SATURDAYS, 2-4 pm – 1316-C Parkwood Road
email@example.com or 828-213-4788
• 3rd WEDNESDAYS, 3:30 pm – Mission Health, 1 Hospital Drive. Room 3-B
Eating Disorders Anonymous
• WEDNESDAYS, 4 pm – 22B New Leicester Highway, (around to the side of the building)
• THURSDAYS, 8:30-9:15 pm – The Relationship Center, 70 Woodfin Place, Suite #021 (enter through side door on left)
For electrosensitive individuals. For location and info contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 255-3350.
Food Addicts Anonymous
828-423-6191 or 828-301-4084
• THURSDAYS, 6 pm – Asheville 12 Step Club, 1340A Patton Ave.
• Contact for meeting location and time.
Grief & Praise Circle
Held in a private home. Contact for location. griefcircle.net
• 2nd WEDNESDAYS, 5:30-6:30 pm – Layperson support group for grief.
Heart of Recovery Meditation Group
Teaches how to integrate meditation with any 12-step recovery program. asheville.shambhala.org
• TUESDAYS, 6 pm- Shambhala Meditation Center, 19 Westwood Place
For individuals living with heart failure. 828-274-6000
• 1st TUESDAYS, 2-4 pm – Asheville Cardiology Associates, 5 Vanderbilt Drive
Clinically led support group for loved ones of addicts and alcoholics. 828-575-2701
• 1st WEDNESDAYS, 6-7:30 pm – Crest View Recovery Center, 90 Asheland Ave., Suite D
Living With Chronic Pain
Hosted by American Chronic Pain Association. 776-4809.
• 2nd WEDNESDAYS, 6:30 pm – Swannanoa Library, 101 W. Charleston Ave.
Memory Loss Caregivers
For caregivers of those with memory loss or dementia. email@example.com
• 2nd TUESDAYS, 9:30 am – Highland Farms Retirement Community, 200 Tabernacle Road, Black Mountain
Men Working On Life’s Issues
828-273-5334 or 828-231-8434
• TUESDAYS, 6-8 pm – Contact for location.
Mission Health Family Group Night
For caregivers of children with social health needs or development concerns. 828-213-9787
• 1st TUESDAYS, 5:30 pm – Mission Reuter Children’s Center, 11 Vanderbilt Park Drive
Nar-Anon Family Groups
For relatives and friends concerned about the addiction or drug problem of a loved one. nar-anon.org
• MONDAYS, 7 pm – West Asheville Presbyterian Church, 690 Haywood Road
• WEDNESDAYS, 12:30 pm – First United Methodist Church, 204 6th Ave. W., Hendersonville
National Alliance on Mental Illness
For people living with mental health issues and their loved ones. namiwnc.org or 505-7353.
• 1st & 3rd THURSDAYS, 7-8:30 pm – (Anxiety Support Group) Learning and sharing in a caring setting about dealing with one’s own anxiety. NAMI Office, 356 Biltmore Ave., 828-231-2198
• THURSDAYS, 2 pm – (Dual diagnosis group) Central United Methodist Church, 27 Church St.
• 1st SATURDAYS, 10 am – (Connection group) NAMI Office, 356 Biltmore Ave.
• 1st SATURDAYS, 10 am – (Family/ caregiver group) NAMI Office, 356 Biltmore Ave.
Overcomers of Domestic Violence
For anyone who is dealing with physical and/or emotional abuse. 665-9499
• WEDNESDAYS, noon-1 pm – The First Christian Church, 470 Enka Lake Road, Candler
Overcomers Recovery Support Group
A Christian 12-step program; firstname.lastname@example.org
• MONDAYS, 6 pm – SOS Anglican Mission, 1944 Hendersonville Road
Regional number: 828-277-1975
MONDAYS, 6 pm – First Congregational UCC, 20 Oak St.
WEDNESDAYS, 6 pm – First Congregational UCC, 20 Oak St.
THURSDAYS, noon – Biltmore United Methodist Church, 376 Hendersonville Road
SATURDAYS, 9:30 am – Black Mountain United Methodist Church (rear building), 101 Church St., Black Mountain
Recovering Couples Anonymous
For couples where at least one member is recovering from addiction. recovering-couples.org
• MONDAYS, 6:30-7:30 pm – Foster Seventh Day Adventists Church, 376 Hendersonville Road
Buddhist path for recovery from addiction. For a full list of meetings visit refugerecovery.org
Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA)
For info about SAA: saa-recovery.org. For detailed info about the Hendersonville meeting: email@example.com
• SATURDAYS, 8:30-9:30 am – First Congregational Church, 1735 Fifth Avenue West, Hendersonville
S-Anon Family Groups
For those affected by another’s sexaholism. Four confidential meetings are available weekly in WNC. For dates, times and locations contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-258-5117.
Helps individuals gain independence from all types of addictive behavior.
• THURSDAYS, 6 pm – Grace Episcopal Church, 871 Merrimon Ave. Info: 828-407-0460
• SUNDAYS, 7 pm – Crossroads Recovery Center, 440 East Court St., Marion, Info: 828-925-8626
Strength in Survivorship
For cancer survivors. Led by a licensed professional counselor. Strengthinsurvivorship@yahoo.com or 808-7673
• 1st & 3rd SATURDAYS, 11 am-noon – Mills River Library, 124 Town Drive, Mills River
Haywood Street Congregation, 297 Haywood St., 828-552-3858, sunriseinasheville.org
• MONDAYS, noon-1 pm – Peer support recovery group
• TUESDAYS, 10-11 am – Community Resiliency Model: PTSD and Recovery
• TUESDAYS, noon-1 pm – Peer support recovery group
• WEDNESDAYS, 9-10 am – Story Circle: Sharing our Stories
• WEDNESDAYS, noon-1:30 pm – SMART Recovery
• THURSDAYS, noon-1 pm – Peer support recovery group
• FRIDAYS, 12:30-1:30 pm – MAEA, Medication Assisted Recovery anonymous
• SUNDAYS, 1-2:30 pm – Wellness Recovery Action Plan Workshops and Peer Support, check website for date spans
1st & 3rd SUNDAYS, 11:30 am-12:30 pm – Reiki with Asheville Reiki Connection
Sylva Grief Support
Hosted by Four Seasons Compassion for Life. email@example.com
• TUESDAYS, 10:30 am – Jackson County Department on Aging, 100 Country Services Park, Sylva
Sunrise Peer Support Volunteer Services
Offers peer support services for mental health and substance use issues and wellness; facebook.com/sunriseinasheville
• TUESDAYS through THURSDAYS, 1-3 pm – Kairos West Community Center, 742 Haywood Road
• TUESDAYS, 6 pm – First Congregational UCC, 20 Oak St., Room 102
To add information about your support group to our online listings, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-251-1333, ext. 137. Support groups must be free of charge to be listed.