News release from the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority:
Regular monthly meeting of the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority
Wednesday, August 30, 2023 | 9–11 a.m.
Library of the Education Center at the North Carolina Arboretum | 100 Frederick Law Olmstead Way
WHAT: The regular monthly joint board meeting of the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority, a Public Authority and a Nonprofit Corporation.
WHEN: Wednesday, August 30, 9–11 a.m.
- IN PERSON: At the library of the Education Center at the North Carolina Arboreturm, located at 100 Frederick Law Olmstead Way, Asheville, NC 28806.
- ACCESS: Upon arriving at The North Carolina Arboretum entrance, stop at the ticketing gate and tell the attendant at you are joining the BCTDA Board Meeting in the Education Center library. Meeting participants may enter the gate as early as 8:00 a.m. when the property opens. A complimentary parking pass will be provided at the gate for all meeting participants.
- MEETING ROOM LOCATION: The library is located on the second floor of the Education Center, which is to the right as you come up from the main parking lot. (See property map.) Attendees may access the building through the front door. The second floor may be accessed using stairs or the elevator.
- VIRTUAL: Streamed live via Zoom webinar. Register here to attend virtually
AGENDA: Find the agenda posted on AshevilleCVB.com. Other board meeting documents will be posted just prior to/ or following the meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: The BCTDA invites comments from the general public either in person or virtually via Zoom. All public commenters will have up to 3 minutes to speak and agree to follow the Processes & Protocols for Public Comments & Rules of Decorum.
- IN-PERSON COMMENTS: Members of the public attending a BCTDA meeting in person who wish to make public comments will sign up upon arrival and indicate their interest. At the appointed time on the agenda, the board chair will invite those who have signed up to stand and share their comments.
- CALL-IN COMMENTS: Members of the public who have signed up in advance and are registered to attend virtually can call in their comments (audio only) using the virtual Zoom webinar platform. Those who wish to call in with comments must sign-up via email no later than 12 noon on Tuesday, August 29.
- FOR MEDIA QUESTIONS / FOLLOW UP: For background information on topics covered during the meeting, or to set up interviews following the event, contact Ashley Greenstein, Public Information Manager.
- GENERAL QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC: Contact Julia Simpson, Manager, Executive & Strategy.
NEXT MEETING: The next joint Buncombe County TDA meeting is on Wednesday, September 27, 2023, at 9 a.m. More information about the meeting will be posted here.