If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Remember the Russian proverb: “Doveryai, no proveryai,” trust but verify. When answering classified ads, always err on the side of caution. Especially beware of any party asking you to give them financial or identification information. The Mountain Xpress cannot be responsible for ensuring that each advertising client is legitimate. Please report scams to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a successful WNC-based executive recruiting consultancy with an established national presence. We are seeking a part-time (work from home) assistant to help with writing, editing, proofing and assorted editorial research, graphic design, and document preparation tasks. Schedules are flexible with occasional deadlines. The work requires demonstrated writing skills (technical, business, promotional), solid computer skills (MS Office, etc.), some graphic design sensibility, attention to detail, and excellent communications skills. Compensation is negotiable. For more information, please forward your letter, resume, and writing samples to . Thank you.
Eastersealsucp provides exceptional services, education, outreach and advocacy so that people with disabilities can live, learn, work and play in our communities. We are currently hiring for direct support professionals in our Group home in Asheville. Direct Support Workers provide support to persons residing in a variety of residential settings. This staff participates in the daily routine of the home, and provides support for habilitative and rehabilitative activities, personal care, health care, and other activities. Please explore our open opportunities and apply @www.eastersealsucp.com http://www.eastersealsucp.com
Are you diligent, motivated, open-minded, and friendly? Do you love people and animals? If so, you just might be the person we are looking for to become part of our dedicated veterinary team. We are a growing, one doctor holistic veterinary practice that prides itself on teamwork and a warm, caring approach toward our clients and patients.
Our ideal team member is calm under pressure, compassionate, able to think on their feet, and thrives in a flexible, evolving environment. We are looking for an articulate, empathetic communicator who enjoys multi-tasking, learning something new every day and finds joy in helping others. A positive attitude and a great sense of humor is a must.
- Keeping the appointment book full, rescheduled appointments to a minimum and patient flow smooth and efficient
- Prioritizing multiple tasks in a calm, organized manner
- Ensuring that our clients feel welcome and comfortable with and in our office
- Answering the phones and responding to all phone calls and emails
- Scheduling appointments with accuracy and attention to detail
- Clearly and compassionately communicating office policies to clients
- Directing clients to educational information that will be helpful to them
- Preparing patient charts and maintaining multiple filing systems
- Creating invoices, fulfilling orders, and processing payments
- Counting the cash drawer and reconciling all transactions for the day
- Confirming appointments and preparing files for the following day
- Recording and tracking statistics
- Reporting New Clients to the practice and sending welcome...
Hanger Hall is seeking substitute teachers. Pay is $15 an hour. Hanger Hall is an independent, middle school with a fun and dynamic curriculum. Applicants must like middle school children, be flexible, positive and able to follow lesson plans. To apply, email a cover letter and resume to .
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for 20-25 hours per week at a starting pay of $18/hour
The Administrative Assistant will provide a wide range of administrative support for the Owner and Operations Manager. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: completing monthly direct sales reports and reconciliations; serving as point of contact for the department for direct sales accounting; handling written and verbal correspondence and other documents; LTL logistics; managing calendars and other projects as assigned. Additional responsibilities may include executive support and general assistance to the sales team, leadership, and company as needed/required. This is a part-time position of 20-25 hours per week with potential to grow to full-time with benefits.
Essential Job Duties:
• Complete monthly reconciliation of direct-sales payments to open invoices, assist in calculating commissions due
• Request freight quotations and make arrangements for 3rd party billing LTL shipments
• Prepare and transport to FedEx boxes of wine samples, maintain records of samples sent to customers and wine press, keep accurate records of samples on hand and request more samples as needed
• Compose letters of correspondence for management and answer customer correspondence as requested
• Attend meetings and take detailed notes for the owner as well as follow-up and send summary emails detailing the meeting’s agenda and assigned tasks to participants
• Maintain master tasting notes and update shelf-talkers as needed
• Maintain organization of office files and paper archives
• Send Zoom invitations and update office and events calendar as needed
• Answer incoming calls; taking messages and directing them to...
The JCC Aquatics Associate is the central point of connection between the JCC and all aquatics program participants. The AA ensures that every individual using the JCC pool receives a warm welcome and experiences a safe and secure environment. Visit jcc-asheville.org/news/aquatics-associate/ for full listing. Email resume to to apply.
JCC Kids Group Leaders are responsible for caring for a group of school age children in our after-school and full-day enrichment programs. Group Leaders develop weekly activity plans and facilitate programming and practices that enable children to develop friendships and expand their learning. Please visit jcc-asheville.org/employment/after-school-group-leader/ for full listing. E-mail resume to to apply.
Samsel Architects is currently looking for a full-time Intern Architect to join our collaborative studio in Asheville, NC. The ideal candidate should have 2-5 years professional work experience. To learn more about the position and for instructions on how to apply, please visit our website (http://www.samselarchitects.com)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of merit and business need.
Samsel Architects is a 12-person, design-focused architectural firm with a long-term commitment to sustainable design and a legacy of design excellence in our region.
Make a difference and work for Asheville Habitat -- Our Weaverville and Asheville ReStores locations are looking for two Full Time Associates each, $13.70hr Tues - Sat. go to our website for more information and to apply.
• Perform residential and corporate donation pickups as instructed.
• Represent AAHH by interfacing successfully with people in a polite and courteous manner.
• Handle merchandise without causing damage to donated materials or donor property.
• Operate the truck and other equipment safely and in compliance with AAHH safety procedures.
• Inventory processing
• Organize the inventory to continually improve efficiency.
• Control the movement, repair, pricing, and recycling of donated merchandise.
• Act as the leader for volunteers and ensure they are engaged and feel positive about their ReStore volunteer experience.
• Customer support/sales
• Greet all customers and provide them any necessary assistance in a prompt, courteous manner.
• Display merchandise in a safe, attractive manner.
• Assist in loading customer’s purchases.
• Assist in receiving incoming phone calls.
• Operate P.O.S. system when needed.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug Free Workplace.