The following events will take place throughout AVL Beer Week 2018, Friday, May 25, through Saturday, June 2.
12 Bones and Oskar Blues AVL Beer Week Throwdown
12 Bones South, 3578 Sweeten Creek Road, Arden, prices vary
12 Bones South will serve barbecue and sides infused with beer from Oskar Blues Brewery throughout AVL Beer Week — excluding Sunday and Monday when the restaurant is closed. Selected pairings, Oskar Blues swag giveaways and a beer can cooler takeover will also be featured.
Sierra Nevada Taproom AVL Beer Week menu
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., 101 Sierra Nevada Way, Mills River, prices vary
The Taproom at Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. will debut a special AVL Beer Week menu featuring the four ingredients of use in brewing beer — malt, hops, yeast and water.
Post 70’s H&H Distillery shandy special
Post 70, 1155 Tunnel Road, $TBD
Post 70 will feature a shandy cocktail special made with H&H Distillery Highway 9 gin and local lemonade.
Asheville Brewing CollaBEERation Week
Asheville, Brewing Co., 77 Coxe Ave. and 675 Merrimon Ave., prices vary
Celebrating 20 years of friends and film, Asheville Brewing Co. will release five small-batch beers during AVL Beer Week. All beers will be available only on draft starting at 5 p.m. There will also be limited availability at the Tacos & Taps drive-thru next to the Merrimon Avenue location and Asheville Pizza Co. South, 1850 Hendersonville Road, Suite A.
- Friday, May 25: Bantha Milk Blueberry Milk Stout re-release
- Saturday, May 26: Zillicoah Beer collaboration — Brett IPA
- Wednesday, May 30: Mad Co. Brewing collaboration — Beet and Hibiscus Mixed Culture Saison
- Friday, June 1: Oyster House Brewing Co. collaboration — Oyster Seaweed Gose
- Saturday, June 2: French Broad River Brewery collaboration — Pilsner
Boilermaker specials at Sovereign Remedies
Sovereign Remedies, 29 N. Market St., prices vary
During AVL Beer Week, Sovereign Remedies will feature daily boilermaker specials with a different beer and shot each day.
- Friday, May 25: House Belgians (Allagash Brewing Co. White, Brewery Ommegang Three Philosophers Belgian-style Quad, Mother Earth Brewing Weeping Willow Wit) and a shot of Old Forester bourbon
- Saturday, May 26: Mikkeller Beer with a shot of Elijah Craig bourbon
- Sunday, May 27: Burial Beer Co. beer with a shot of tequila (TBA)
- Monday, May 28: Oskar Blues Brewery Pinner IPA and Dale’s Pale Ale with shot of George Dickel whiskey
- Tuesday, May 29: Hi-Wire Brewing beer with Jim Beam bourbon
- Wednesday, May 30: Clown Shoes Beer beer with Old Overholt rye whiskey
- Thursday, May 31: Highland Brewing Co. beer with Catoctin Creek Roundstone rye whiskey
- Friday, June 1: Wicked Weed Brewing beer with Four Roses bourbon
- Saturday, June 2: Grimm Artisanal Ales Castling Farmhouse Saison with High West whiskey
AVL Beer Week Tricky Monk Beer Cocktail Special
Top of the Monk, 92 Patton Ave.
Cocktail maven Kala Brooks has created a special beer-infused cocktail featuring Tricky Monk Tripel that will be available throughout AVL Beer Week at Top of the Monk in downtown Asheville.