Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- Burial Beer Co. releases two new packaged products on Friday, May 3, available exclusively at its taproom. A Cursed Path to Nowhere Imperial Stout (12.5% ABV), brewed with Counter Culture coffee, hazelnuts, vanilla bean and Vietnamese cinnamon, will be available in 500 milliliter bottles for $15 each with a limit of two per person. From Darkness There Will Be Light DIPA (8.2% ABV), double dry-hopped with Enigma, Galaxy and Mosaic Cryo, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $18.
- As part of its 25th anniversary celebration on Friday, May 3, Highland Brewing Co. releases three new packaged products: Slow Crush Tart Spritz Ale (5% ABV), the brewery’s first kettle sour and 16-ounce can; Rustic IPA (5.8% ABV), a collaboration with Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., also in 16-ounce cans; and Silver & Steel Imperial Stout (12.8% ABV), the brewery’s first packaged barrel-aged beer, which will be available in 500 milliliter bottles.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- In addition to the aforementioned packaged releases also being available on draft, Burial is currently pouring The Departure of Souls IPA with Tangerine and Peach (7% ABV).
- UpCountry Brewing Co. releases “You Can Call Me Al” Amber Lager (5% ABV), on Wednesday, May 1, at its West Asheville location and the following day at its Brevard taproom.
- Catawba Brewing Co. taps a Mexican Amber Lager (5.4% ABV) on Thursday, May 2, at all four of its locations. $1 from each pint sold in Asheville will be donated to the Discover Your Potential scholarship fund.
- As part of its 25th anniversary celebration on Friday, May 3, Highland taps 25 small-batch and barrel-aged beers. A complete taplist is available online.
- **NEW** Eurisko Beer Co. taps Fearful Symmetry Hazy IPA, made with toasted coconut, lime zest and lactose sugar on Friday, May 3.
- **NEW** Archetype Brewing is currently pouring Pearl Snaps (4.3% ABV), the newest addition to its rotating stout lineup, at both of its locations.
- Fermented Nonsense Brewing releases Skywalker’s Banthanilla Milkshake IPA, brewed with with turbinado sugar, vanilla, coconut palm sugar, lactose and blueberry juice, on Saturday, May 4.
- 12 Bones Brewing opens Wednesday, May 1, in South Asheville.