Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- **NEW** Zebulon Artisan Ales releases Imperial Brett IPA (for Malcolm Young) (8.2% ABV) on Friday, April 12. Fermented with 100% Brettanomyces and dry hopped with Vic Secret, Galaxy and Comet, the beer will be available in bottle conditioned, cork and caged 750 milliliter bottles for $13 and on draft.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Thirsty Monk Brewery releases two beers on Wednesday, April 10, at both of its locations: Grace Sour Blend, a brewer’s selection from Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project’s origin barrels and petit sour foudres, custom blended for Thirsty Monk, and Brett Brut Rose IPA, brewed in Denver in collaboration with Crooked Stave, featuring German hops a mixed culture of Crooked Stave’s house Brett strains.
- UpCountry Brewing Co. releases Starfish and Coffee Blonde Ale (5.3% ABV) — brewed with honey, honey malt and cold brewed coffee from Counter Culture — in both its West Asheville and Brevard taprooms on Wednesday, April 10.
- **NEW** Boojum Brewing Co. releases Ruby Blood Orange Pale Ale (5.2% ABV), made with pale malts, citrusy American hops, blood oranges and sweet orange peel, on Wednesday, April 10. Six packs of 12-ounce cans will be available starting Wednesday, April 24.
- Highland Brewing Co. taps Ville to Ville IPA (6.4% ABV) on Friday, April 12, hopped with Centennial, Cascade, Simcoe, Blanc and Ekuanot and featuring such Riverbend Malt House products as its 2-Row, malted wheat, malted oats and Munich malt.
- **NEW** Zillicoah Beer Co. has a double lager release on Friday, April 12: Rauch Bock (7% ABV) and Stoutbier (12.6% ABV), the latter of which is made with North Carolina sea salt.
- Ginger’s Revenge releases a Sweet Lemon ginger beer on Sunday, April 14.
- UpCountry‘s Brevard taproom has its grand opening party on Sunday, April 14, starting at noon. The family-friendly and dog-friendly event features free live music, a wide selection of beers on tap and food for purchase.
- All Sevens Brewing celebrates its first anniversary on Monday, April 15.