Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Twin Leaf Brewery releases bottles of Mass Extinction Imperial Stout and Barrel-Aged Mass Extinction Imperial Stout on Thursday, Aug. 25, at 6 p.m. Both beers were created in collaboration with the Colburn Science Museum.
- Hi-Wire Brewing‘s fall seasonals — Lion Tamer Rye IPA (7 percent ABV) and Zirkusfest Oktoberfest Lager (6 percent ABV) — are currently available in six-packs throughout the brewery’s distribution footprint and Pumpkin Lager (6 percent ABV) is available in 22-ounce bottles in limited distribution. On Saturday, Aug. 27, at 6 p.m. at its Big Top location, a limited number of Good Vibes Fresh Hop Double IPA (9 percent ABV) will be released in 22-ounce bottles. Made with local Chinook and Cascade hops from OB Joyful Hops Farm and malt from Riverbend Malt House, the cost is $15 per bottle.
- Oyster House Brewing Co. is pouring casks of Craig’s Yer Cook ESB and Galaxy IPA with mango.
- Burial Beer Co. has three releases this week. Formerly known as Piston, Griddle Espresso Stout (9 percent ABV) returns Tuesday, Aug. 23, made with a diverse malt bill and 50 percent more coffee than its cousin Skillet Donut Stout. Back Wednesday, Aug. 24, is Blade and Sheath American Farmhouse Ale (6 percent ABV), brewed with a rustic malt bill of flaked oats and Riverbend wheat and intensely hopped with Saphir, Crystal and Huell Melon. Thursday, Aug. 25, brings Izakaya Afternoon Miso Saison (7 percent ABV), brewed with pilsner, two-row, oats, wheat and flaked rice, plus Northern Brewer and Saaz hops and mellow white miso.
- Boojum Brewing Co. rolls out South Island Session IPA (4.5 percent ABV) brewed with Nelson Sauvin and Rakau hops on Wednesday, Aug. 24.
- On Friday, Aug. 26, Twin Leaf taps Ridge Rider Double IPA. A nod to the Blue Ridge Parkway’s centennial birthday, it’s brewed with grapefruit rind and hopped exclusively with Centennial.
- Asheville Brewing Co. drops Say You Say Me Saison (5.6 percent ABV) on Friday, Aug. 26, at 5 p.m. at the Merrimon Avenue and Coxe Avenue brewpubs. The beer was made with Centennial and Lemondrop hops and aged on citrus fruits that were smoked in-house.
- New Belgium Brewing Co. hosts Brew Talks, featuring business discussions and networking opportunities on Thursday, Aug. 25, from 5-8 p.m. in its new brewhouse. Speakers include Kim Jordan (New Belgium co-founder), Leah Wong Ashburn (Highland Brewing Co. president), Adam Charnack (Hi-Wire co-founder) and Jay Richardson (New Belgium general manager). Admission is $10 with donation levels going up to $100. Tickets are available online, and all registration proceeds benefit WNC Brewer’s Grain Alliance and Asheville Brewers Alliance.