Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- Blue Ghost Brewing Co. currently has I’m Dreaming of a White Stout Christmas (6.8% ABV), aged on cocoa nibs, fresh toasted coconut and roasted almonds, for sale in 22-ounce bottles and on draft.
- Wicked Weed Brewing and The Chemist release their collaborative Milk & Cookies Bierbrand (45% ABV) on Friday, Dec. 13. The beer brandy is made from distilling Wicked Weed’s Milk & Cookies Imperial Stout and aging it for months in used bourbon/beer barrels. Only 600 individually numbered 750-milliliter bottles will be sold for $59.95 each at The Chemist’s bottle shop, beginning at 2 p.m. Wicked Weed’s Cultura location and Chemist’s Antidote bar will be featuring boilermaker specials with the Milk & Cookies Bierbrand and Barrel Aged Milk & Cookies, plus special cocktails and house-made cookies served with Barrel Aged Milk & Cookies pours.
- Sweeten Creek Brewing releases Scooties Stout (6% ABV), brewed with vanilla and raspberries, on Friday, Dec. 13. It will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $14.99 and on draft.
- **NEW** Highland Brewing Co. releases this year’s Midnight Summit vanilla milk stout (6% ABV) on Friday, Dec. 13. It will be available in six-packs of 12-ounce cans and on draft, and will see distribution.
- **NEW** Bhramari Brewing Co. and Hi-Wire Brewing release their collaboration Fourth Motion (7.5% ABV), a barrel-aged sour ale with raspberries, vanilla, and cocoa nibs, on Monday, Dec. 16, 5-9 p.m., at Tasty Beverage Co. The beer’s fermentation features a blend of Bhramari’s tequila and bourbon barrels with Bhramari house culture and Hi-Wire’s red wine and rum barrels with Hi-Wire’s house culture. It will be available in 750-milliliter bottles and on draft at the event, and in bottles at both taprooms following the event.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Blue Ghost is currently pouring Irish Goodbye Brown Porter (6% ABV).
- Guidon Brewing Co. is currently pouring a Cask English Brown Ale from its beer engine.
- Oyster House Brewing Co. is currently pouring Hamish Oatmeal Brown Ale (6.3% ABV) and a cask Tart Cherry and Mango I.P.A.
- Highland is currently pouring Hazy as Hail (7% ABV), a New England IPA hopped with Apollo, Centennial, Ekuanot, Mosaic and Azacca, and No Doors with Abstract Handles (9.7% ABV), a barrel-fermented imperial breakfast stout brewed in collaboration with DSSOLVR and made with cocoa powder, cacao nibs and bourbon barrel-aged coffee.
- Catawba Brewing Co. taps a White Tea White Ale (4.7% ABV), brewed with a blend of white tea, juniper and hibiscus sourced from Asheville’s The Spice & Tea Exchange, on Thursday, Dec. 12, at all four of its taprooms.
- Oskar Blues Brewery releases Winter Warmer American Strong Ale (6.8% ABV), made with vanilla bean, cinnamon, nutmeg, cacao nibs, orange peel and pecan, on Thursday, Dec. 12, to commemorate its seventh anniversary in Brevard.
- **NEW** 12 Bones Brewing taps Endless Hopportunity (5.8% ABV), a double dry-hopped pale ale featuring Simcoe, Mosaic, Azacca and Ekuanot, and County Line Appalachian Witbier (5.7% ABV), brewed with Pilsner Malt and Appalachian Wheat from Riverbend Malt House, freshly cracked Coriander and Noble hops, the brewery’s house Belgian yeast blend and organic orange zest, on Friday, Dec. 13.
- DSSOLVR opens Friday, Dec. 13, 5-10 p.m. Check back soon for Tony Kiss’ article on Asheville’s newest brewery.