Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oyster House Brewing Co. has 22-ounce bottles of Ruby Salts Export Oyster Stout for $10. Customers who buy a case save $10.
- Burial Beer Co. releases Gang of Blades DIPA (8.3 percent ABV) in 16-ounce cans on Tuesday, Dec. 13. Brewed from a pilsner base fortified with North Carolina-malted wheat and South Pacific hops that feed off the tropical juiciness of a house wild yeast, the beer will also be available on draft.
- **NEW** On Thursday, Dec. 15, starting at 12 p.m., Wedge Brewing Co. has a limited amount of commemorative 64 ounce growlers filled with Community Porter (7.3 percent ABV) on sale for $20 each. The English-style robust porter has a West Coast twist courtesy of Kent Golding hops that balance the malt sweetness.
- Pisgah Brewing Co. Chocolatized will be on sale in 22-ounce bottles and on draft Thursday, Dec. 15, beginning at 5 p.m. Formerly known as Chocolatized Vortex II, the Russian imperial stout is aged on raw cocoa nibs from French Broad Chocolate Factory.
- As of Tuesday, Dec. 13, Oyster House Brewing Co. has casks of Beet on the Brat Tangerine IPA and Craig’s Yer Cook ESB.
- Catawba Brewing Co. Hooligan Scotch Ale returns Thursday, Dec. 15, at 6 p.m.
- To coincide with the release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Thirsty Monk Brewery will tap Barrel-Aged Normtrooper Imperial Stout (11 percent ABV) on the evening of Thursday, Dec. 15, at its Biltmore Park location.
- Asheville Brewing Co. releases Make a Mango Crazy Pale Ale (6 percent ABV) on Friday, Dec. 16, at 5 p.m., exclusively on draft at its Coxe Avenue and Merrimon Avenue brewpubs. The double dry-hopped Mosaic pale is made with mango puree.
- On Saturday, Dec. 17, at 3 p.m., Twin Leaf Brewery releases Purple Tater Majesty, a Belgian-style dubbel brewed with pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and locally sourced purple sweet potatoes from Rayburn Farm. The beer is a collaboration with Friends of Great Smoky National Park, who will receive a portion of the proceeds from its sales.
- **NEW** On Saturday, Dec. 17, Mills River Brewery released Winter Mullinax Stout.
- Burial Beer Co. has brewed Magpie on the Gallows for the next installment of Asheville Museum of Science‘s and The Collider‘s Beer City Science Pub: What Is The Value of WNC’s Food System? The seasonal saison is made with a delicate malt bill, hopped with Citra and fermented on cranberry puree, orange peel, clove and juniper berries using the brewery’s house clean saison strain. The Friday, Dec. 16, event is free. Doors to The Collider open at 5:30 p.m., and the talk by Dr. Leah Greden Mathews about the economics of our local food system begins at 6:30 p.m. (The Collider, 1 Haywood St. in the Wells Fargo building)