Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- **NEW** Sideways Farm & Brewery releases a Dark Ale (5.2 percent ABV) on Friday, Feb. 15. The beer was made using products from all three North Carolina craft maltsters: Riverbend Malt House Heritage, Carolina Malt House Dark Munich and Epiphany Craft Malt Bruehmalt 70 malt. It will be available in 750 milliliter bottles exclusively at the Sideways taproom.
- Burial Beer Co. releases Our Cavities of Bloodshed DIPA (8.5 percent ABV) on Saturday, Feb. 16, in four-packs of 16-ounce cans. The beer is double dry-hopped with Denali, Galaxy, Motueka and experimental HBC 644. It will not see distribution.
- Wicked Weed Brewing debuts Appalachia Session IPA in six-packs of 12-ounce cans on Saturday, Feb. 16, starting at 1 p.m. Ten percent of all proceeds from sales will be donated to the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Wedge Brewing Co. is currently pouring Kill-Yuns Irish Copper Lager (4.4 percent ABV) and Wishbones Irish Dark Lager (5.3 percent ABV) at its Foundation location.
- UpCountry Brewing Co. releases Lollipop King Cherry Vanilla Dubbel (7.7 percent ABV) on Wednesday, Feb. 13, at its Asheville taproom.
- On Thursday, Feb. 14, Highland Brewing Co. taps Raspberry Chocolate Nitro Stout (7.7 percent ABV). The beer is inspired by French Broad Chocolate’s Fresh Raspberry Truffle and brewed with chocolate fines from French Broad Chocolate, along with rose petals, lactose and 210 pounds of raspberries.
- Ginger’s Revenge releases a Pomegranate Dry-Hopped ginger beer on Sunday, Feb. 17.
- Bruisin’ Ales‘ next free tasting takes place Thursday, Feb. 14, 4-7 p.m., and features selections from Olde Hickory Brewery, including samples from a bottle of 2013 Event Horizon Imperial Stout. It will be followed on Saturday, Feb. 16, 2-4 p.m., with an assortment of the staff’s favorite Belgian beers. A keg of Het Anker‘s Cuvee van de Keizer Blauw will also be tapped in early celebration of Cuvee van de Keizer Day (Feb. 24).
- The Casual Pint celebrates its first anniversary Friday, Feb. 15, and Saturday, Feb. 16. The store will tap 10 special beers throughout the weekend.