Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- Burial Beer Co. releases its latest batch of Ceremonial Session IPA on Friday, Jan. 18, on draft and in four-packs of 16-ounce cans. As always, this 4 percent ABV session IPA was brewed with pilsner malt, flaked barley, wheat and oats. This batch is dry-hopped with 100 percent Mosaic and Simcoe Lupulin powder.
- **NEW** Wedge Brewing is currently pouring two new offerings from its Foundation production facility. An 8.7 percent ABV Imperial Stout will be only be available at the Foundation, while a 3.3 percent ABV English Dark Mild will be pouring at both locations.
- Catawba Brewing Co. taps a Belgian Single on Thursday, Jan. 18, at all four of its tasting rooms. This 5.8 percent ABV abbey-style table beer was brewed with pale and Munich malts, flaked wheat, and hopped with Mt. Hood and Amarillo.
- Highland Brewing Co. and Black Star Line Brewing tap a collaboration beer, Baldwin’s Brew, on Friday, Jan. 19, at Highland’s tasting room. Baldwin’s Brew is an orange chocolate stout brewed with fresh orange puree and chocolate from French Broad Chocolates. The name honors writer James Baldwin, whose home in France was surrounded by orange trees.
- Thirsty Monk taps the latest iteration of Brother Joe’s Coffee Stout on Friday, Jan. 19, at both Monk locations. Brother Joe’s is finished with Pennycup Co. Medium Roast coffee, featuring coffee beans sourced from the Waghi Valley, Papua New Guinea.
- Appalachian Vintner welcomes California-based Firestone Walker to North Carolina distribution with a tap takeover on Tuesday, Jan. 16, starting at 5:30 p.m. The draft list will include several rare Firestone offerings including Bretta Rose 2016, Parabajava 2015, Sour Opal 2017, Helldorado Blonde Barrel Aged Barleywine 2015, Union Jack IPA, Pivo Pils and Luponic Distortion.
- Thirsty Monk will host a tap takeover featuring Grimm Artisanal Ales on Thursday, Jan. 18, at the downtown bar. Offerings will include Telekinesis, Cherry Raspberry Pop!, Zap IPA, Cassiopeia and more.