Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- Bhramari Brewing Co. releases Hop & Lock New England DIPA (8.1 percent ABV) on Saturday, Aug. 4. The beer is made with with Enigma, Loral and Mosaic hops and will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans and on draft. It will see limited distribution within North Carolina.
- **NEW** On Saturday, Aug. 4, Highland Brewing Co. releases its fall seasonal, Clawhammer Oktoberfest, in six- and 12-packs of 12-ounce bottles and on draft in its taproom. The Märzen lager will see distribution in the coming weeks.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- On Monday, July 30, Burial Beer Co. tapped The Closed Mind Withers Malort Saison Ale (7 percent ABV), a blended saison brewed in collaboration with Chicago’s 18th Street Brewery. It will be joined on Tuesday, July 31, by Banished to Silence Brett IPA Brett IPA (7.2 percent ABV), dry hopped with Eureka, Enigma and Amarillo, and on Friday, Aug. 3 by Baptized in Blood Belgian-style Witbier (4.4 percent ABV), made with taproom-grown lemon verbena and pineapple sage and fermented with the rare Wickerhamomyces yeast, and a fresh batch of Bolo Coconut Brown Ale (5.6 percent ABV), brewed with a minimum of 7 pounds per barrel of raw coconut.
- French Broad River Brewery releases Poor Boaters Rations (PBR), a juicy session IPA, on Wednesday, Aug. 1.
- On Thursday, Aug. 2, Catawba Brewing Co. taps a Plum Sour at all four of its locations.
- Sanctuary Brewing Co. releases Blackberry Hendo (Berliner) Weisse (4.3 percent ABV) on Thursday, Aug. 2. The latest offering in the brewery’s Farmhouse Farmers Market series features one pound per gallon of local Henderson County blackberries from McConnell Farms Inc.
- **NEW** As of Thursday, May 2, Eurisko Beer Co. is pouring Sans Sextant IPA (7.2 percent ABV), hopped with Amarillo, Ekuanot and Summer.
- In addition to Hop & Lock, Bhramari will tap four new beers one day prior on Friday, Aug. 3: Phuket Dude Thai IPA with lemongrass, makrut lime leaf, galangal, blue ginger, purple basil, Thai chilis, toasted coconut and hopped with El Dorado and Comet; Disgraceland Milk Stout with peanut butter and banana; Socks & Sandals Southern Hemisphere IPA, a collaboration with Twin Leaf Brewery, made with Willow Springs citrus basil and hopped with Vic Secret, Wakatu and AU Summer; and Cloudberry Brown Tropical Brown Ale with cloudberry and callista.
- **NEW** On Friday, Aug. 3, Highland releases Metal Wednesday (6.4 percent ABV), an IPA brewed with lime basil and Blue Spice basil from Rayburn Farms, and Rosé IPA (6.4 percent ABV), featuring Belma hops and the 2018 Pink Boots Society hops blend.
- **NEW** Sweeten Creek Brewing taps Falconers Punch S.M.A.S.H — described as “bready, citrusy and perfectly balanced” — on Friday, Aug. 3.
- In honor of gypsy brewer Grimm Artisanal Ales opening a tasting room in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg neighborhood, The Whale Craft Beer Collective will tap 10 Grimm beers on Thursday, Aug. 2, at 6 p.m.
- On Thursday, Aug. 3, 5-7 p.m., Bruisin’ Ales hosts a free Staff Selections tasting of Canadian craft beers. Offerings from Dieu du Ciel, Les Trois Mousquetaires, Unibroue and more will be poured.
- **NEW** Mad Co. Brew House celebrates the first anniversary of its first beer release, The Tappening, with The Tappening Part 2 on Saturday, Aug. 4, at 5 p.m. Six new house beers will be unveiled.
- Burial‘s next Off-Topic discussion and tasting takes place Monday, Aug. 6, 6-7:30 p.m., featuring representatives from Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co. and Phoenix’s Sinagua Malt, the brewery’s collaborators on the next release in the Ambient Terrain Lager Series. Tickets are $10 at the door and include a branded glass to keep and shared beers from Arizona Wilderness.