Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- Twin Leaf Brewery releases Luminosity Belgian-style Tripel (9 percent ABV) and Point of Consciousness Coffee Tripel (9 percent ABV) in 500 milliliter bottles on Friday, March 15.
- Burial Beer Co. releases Metallic Vessels Black Lager (5 percent ABV), brewed with ONYX Coffee Lab Monarch beans, in 12-ounce cans on Friday, March 15. Also that day, a canned beer (details TBD) made in collaboration with the Asheville Symphony will be released to commemorate the start of the Asheville Amadeus Festival.
- **NEW** Pisgah Brewing Co. debuts its Brut IPA in six-packs of 12-ounce cans on Friday, March 15.
- Wicked Weed Brewing rolls out this year’s versions of Angel of Darkness, a barrel-aged American sour ale with blackberries, cherries, raspberries and boysenberries, and White Angel, a barrel-aged American sour ale with wild grapes, on Friday, March 15, at the Funkatorium.
- **NEW** Sideways Farm & BreweryreleasesCitrus Snowstorm on Friday, March 15. The beer is a version of the brewery’s recent Sideways Snowstorm ale, featuring an addition of Cara Cara oranges and dragon fruit. It will be available in small pours at the taproom, as well as in bottles for Sideways’ Community Supported Brewery members.
- **NEW** Zillicoah Beer Co. releases Mother Vine 2018 on Sunday, March 17. The beer began over a year and a half ago as Zillicoah brew #001: Open Fermented Petite Saison, was aged for over a year in wine barrels, then transferred onto 1,000 pounds of Scuppernong grapes. 750 milliliter bottles cost $22 each. The beer will also be available on draft and will see very limited regional distribution.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Wedge Brewing Co. is currently pouring three new beers at its Foundation location: Cali Common (5.4 percent ABV), a “Steam Beer” lager; Snug (4 percent ABV), a nitro Irish dry stout; and Dortmunder Export (5.9 percent ABV), a German-style lager described as “maltier than a pils, hoppier than a helles, stronger than both.”
- Highland Brewing Co. taps Flannel Jammies (11.6 percent ABV), a Belgian-style Quad aged in bourbon barrels and refermented on blackberries, cherries and plums, on Tuesday, March 12. It will be followed on Friday, March 15, by Nitro Irish Stout (3.6 percent ABV).
- UpCountry Brewing Co. taps Rivertrance Irish Stout (4 percent ABV) on Wednesday, March 13, at its Asheville location, and Thursday, March 14, at its Brevard taproom.
- Catawba Brewing Co. releases a Nitro Irish Stout and a Biere de Mars on Thursday, March 14, at all four of its locations.
- Archetype Brewing Co. releases The Sage Belgian Strong Ale (11.42 percent ABV) on Friday, March 15.