Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Highland Brewing Co. releases Red Wine Brett Saison (7.4 percent ABV), brewed with Saaz hops, a French saison yeast, then fermented in red-wine barrels with brettanomyces, on Tuesday, March 26; Orange Whip (4.4 percent ABV), a creamsicle-inspired Berliner weisse brewed with vanilla, oranges and lactose on Friday, March 29; and re-releases Legalize It (6 percent ABV), a pre-Prohibition lager, on Sunday, March 31.
- UpCountry Brewing Co. releases Smoky Mountain Oyster Imperial Stout (10 percent ABV), brewed with two locally raised Watusi testicles provided by Carolina Bison and made as a tribute to head brewer Bryan Bobo’s newborn son, Owen. It will be available Wednesday, March 27, at the West Asheville taproom and the following day at its Brevard taproom.
- **NEW** Eurisko Beer Co. is pouring an American-style Milk Stout starting Wednesday, March 27.
- **NEW** Sanctuary Brewing Co. releases two beers on Thursday, March 28: an as-yet-unnamed Saison (6.6 percent ABV) brewed by its female employees in honor of International Women’s Day, featuring the Pink Boots hops blend, Minneola tangelo and hibiscus, and Night’s Watch Black IPA (8 percent ABV), double dry-hopped with Centennial, Chinook and Cascade.
- Twin Leaf Brewery and Archetype Brewing Co. release their collaborative Control-Alt-Delete Amber Lager on Saturday, March 30, at both breweries’ taprooms. Brewed in support of The Collider’s Climate City Expo, the beer was made using locally sourced malts from Riverbend Malt House, 400 gallons of locally sourced mountain spring water from Blue Moon Water and yeast from White Labs. The breweries will donate 10 percent of total sales from this collaboration brew to The Collider to support its continued efforts to “develop, train and fund next-generation entrepreneurs in creating breakthrough solutions to help humanity adapt to the impacts of climate change.”
- Ginger’s Revenge taps a Root Ginger Beer on Sunday, March 31.
- Asheville Brewers Supply hosts its monthly Brewers Social on Tuesday, March 26, 6-9 p.m. Attendees are invited to bring some of their latest labeled homebrew creations to share. Complimentary pizza from Asheville Pizza Co. will be provided.
- Craft Centric Taproom & Bottle Shop hosts representatives from Charlotte’s Heist Brewery on Wednesday, March 27, 6-9 p.m. for its monthly Meet the Maker event. Multiple Heist beers will be available on tap.
- Burial Beer Co.‘s next Off Topic event takes place Thursday, March 28, 6-7:30 p.m., and features representatives from Nashville’s Bearded Iris Brewing. The $10 admission includes shared Bearded Iris cans, branded glassware and access to the talk.
- Bruisin’ Ales‘ next free tasting takes place Saturday, March 30, 2-4 p.m., and features some of its staff’s favorite West Coast wild and sour ales. Selections from Cascade Brewing, The Bruery, Logsdon Farmhouse Ales and more breweries will be poured.