Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- Oskar Blues Brewery has added One-y (4% ABV) to its year round lineup. The hazy, 100-calorie IPA is available in six-packs and 12-packs of 12-ounce cans and on draft.
- Burial Beer Co. has four releases on Friday, Sept. 20. The Tearing of Flesh from Bone DIPA (8.2% ABV), hopped with Mosaic and El Dorado and featuring a final dose of Columbus Cryo, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $18, exclusively at the taproom; Lethal Dose Fresh Hop DIPA (8.5% ABV), made with Cashmere, Chinook and Crystal wet hop cones, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $20, exclusively at the taproom; The Allegory of Immortality Bourbon Barrel-Aged Dark Sour Ale with Peach & Orange Peel (9.6% ABV) will be available in 500 milliliter bottles for $16, exclusively at the taproom; and Hellstar Dark Lager (4.8% ABV) will be available in six-packs of 12-ounce cans for $12 and will see distribution.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Highland Brewing Co. is currently pouring Oh My Gourd (6.9% ABV), a pumpkin spice latte-inspired ale brewed with pumpkin puree, Dynamite Roasting coffee, lactose and a mix of spices. It will be available on draft at the taproom and see limited distribution.
- Catawba Brewing Co. taps a Mixed Berry Berliner Weisse (5% ABV), made with blackberry and strawberry puree, on Thursday, Sept. 19, at all four of its locations.
- **NEW** Homeplace Beer Co. is currently pouring Munich Dunkel (5.1% ABV) and Vanilla Bean Float Porter (6.6% ABV).
- **NEW** Zillicoah Beer Co. is currently pouring Pecan Smoked Lager (4.3% ABV) and Blackberry (8.3% ABV), a wild ale Foudre-aged on 2.5 pounds per gallon of North Carolina blackberries.
- **NEW** Thirsty Monk Brewery is currently pouring Munich Dark Lager (5.5% ABV) at its downtown and Biltmore Park locations.