- “Real People, Great Radio,” a new local compilation album, features 10 WNC-based bands and performers.The Village Art & Craft Fair returns to The Cathedral of All Souls for its 50th annual gathering. Plus, The Asheville Ballet kicks off its new season with an outdoor show,…Keynote speaker David Joy discusses the importance of place in Southern literature.
- Olivette Riverside Community and Farm hosts a benefit festival for ASAP's Double SNAP for Food and Vegetables program. Also: MANNA FoodBank’s popular Empty Bowls returns; Nine Mile bottles its salad…
- Sona Merlin has seen a lot during her 21 years in Asheville real estate. But one house in the Peach Knob Meadows neighborhood near Town Mountain Road stands out above…The goal is that reading with a child will become a routine and will foster a love of reading on its own.
- The NC-11 race is heating up as Republican State Sen. Chuck Edwards and Democratic challenger Jasmine Beach-Ferrara head into the fall election.Mayor Esther Manheimer and climate change consultant Maggie Ullman Berthiaume have raised the most campaign funds so far in this year’s race for Asheville city government positions, according to reports…Six years after a 196-unit development on the Elk Mountain ridgeline in Woodfin was abandoned following public dissent, a new project on the same site will likely come before the…
- "It is appalling the percentage of children who struggle with basic skills. This should be the primary focus, not social issues.""Thanks to our representative Terri Wells’ leadership, we can make our voices heard on the matters of land conservation and affordable housing.""We were willing to match any price bid on the value of the cut timber in exchange for what would amount to a 100-year carbon lease on those acres.""Using very simple math, you can see how unrealistic these goals are!"