• April 16: Fairview Democrats hold a meet-and-greet at 6:30 p.m. for Democratic candidates for Buncombe Board of Commissioners: David Gantt, chair; K. Ray Bailey, Cecil Bothwell, Vernon Dover, Holly Jones, Keith Thompson, and incumbents Carol Peterson and Bill Stanley. A forum on issues follows at 7 p.m.; Fairview Community Center.
• April 17-May 3: One-Stop Early Voting allows you to vote in advance of the May 6 Primary, or to register and vote on the same day (bring ID). Locations: Asheville Senior Opportunity Center on Grove Street; Biltmore Square Mall; the Election Services Office; Carver Community Center in Black Mountain; Weaverville Town Hall; and the Fairview, Leicester, North Asheville, South Buncombe and West Asheville libraries.
• April 19: The Buncombe County Democratic Party Convention takes place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., County Courthouse, fifth floor, registration beginning at 8 a.m. The party’s Liston B. Ramsey Spring Gala for the 11th Congressional District takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. at A-B Tech’s Enka campus, Haynes Center ($35).
• April 21: Mountain Voices Alliance will host a forum for Democratic candidates for the Buncombe Board of Commissioners on Monday, April 21, from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Woodfin Community Center. Doors will open at 6 p.m. to allow the public time to submit questions for the candidates. (A Republican-candidate forum will be held April 29, same time and location.)
• April 23: Meet with Avram Friedman, Democratic candidate for the 119th District, N.C. House, at the Paddler’s Pub (above Relia’s Garden Restaurant at the Nantahala Outdoor Center) on Highway 19 West, Bryson City, from 7 to 9 p.m. For information, call 226-9186.
• April 24: Hillary Meet-up, Atlanta Bread Company on Merrimon Avenue, 7 p.m. For information, call 684-5281.
April 28: David Gantt fundraiser, 5:30 to 7 p.m., historic Childes House Tour ($100). Call 252-2852 for information.
• April 28: Presentations by the judicial candidates for the N.C. Court of Appeals, followed by a debate between the Republican primary candidates for Congress, District 11. Sponsored by the Asheville-Buncombe and the Henderson County Leagues of Women Voters, at Calvary Episcopal Church on Hendersonville Road, 7 p.m.
• April 28: Forum for Democratic candidates for Buncombe Board of Commissioners, 7:30 to 9 p.m. at Kenilworth Presbyterian Church.
• April 29: Forum for Republican candidates for Buncombe Board of Commissioners, sponsored by Mountain Voices Alliance, at the Woodfin Community Center, 7 to 9 p.m.
• May 6: Primary election.
Please send campaign information to firstname.lastname@example.org.