The Buncombe County Department Of Health is in the process of relocating from its longtime home at 35 Woodfin Street to a renovated Human Services Building in downtown Asheville at 40 Coxe Avenue. In the meantime, the Department of Health is providing services from several interim sites:
• Administrative Offices and Vital Records are at 59 Woodfin Place.
• Family Planning, Prenatal Health, BCCCP (Breast and Cervical Cancer) and Wise Woman are at 53 S. French Broad Avenue.
•Immunizations & Disease Control remain in the current building at 35 Woodfin Street, but are now located on the lower level.
• WIC Nutrition now has three locations:
1) 297 Haywood Street across from the Hunter car dealership.
2) 339 New Leicester Highway at Human Services West.
3) 257 Biltmore Avenue at WNCCHS (WNCCHS patients only).
•Community Health Programs: Health Promotion, STD, School Health Nursing and Social Work programs remain at 35 Woodfin Street on the lower level.
• Environmental Health: Food, water and sewer permitting and inspections will remount at their current location on 30 Valley Street.
For more information go to buncombecounty.org or call 250-5000 for appointments.
who: Movement-theater performance
what: Hand Me Down, Bestowing Our True Inheritance Through Life Lessons and Legacy
where: Diana Wortham Theatre, 2 S. Pack Square
when: Friday, April 15 and Saturday, April 16, 7:30 p.m. ($15. Info: 257-4530, dwtheatre.com or communitychoreography.com)