1. Eddie Money recently experienced a career uptick when he:
a. Was offered the role of chimp patriarch in Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
b. Received a shout out from Lady Gaga for his “music prowess.”
c. Revealed that, though it was mostly natural, he did occasionally use Sun-In to enhance his hair’s natural glow.
d. Performed a spread-eagle on Dancing with the Stars.
2. Which of the following quotes did Eddie Money NOT say in a 2009 Bankrate.com interview:
a. “It [life] costs a lot of money … you got guys cutting the lawn, the pool breaks down, my wife drives a BMW, she wrecked her other BMW and we gave it to my son. It’s a misery.”
b. “If you don’t get up and smoke a million cigarettes and do cocaine and take a bunch of pills and knock down a couple of Bloody Mary’s before breakfast, you’ll have a good day.”
c. “He’s a just God, but a loving God.”
d. “The Eddie Money tour is continuous. When you have five kids, you’ll do anything to get out of the house.”
3. Maria Muldaur’s song “Midnight at the Oasis” was banned by the BBC in 1991 because:
a. As a young lad, British Prime Minister John Major had a childhood trauma involving a cactus.
b. Singing about humps was considered unseemly 20 years ago.
c. Saying anything positive about sand dunes during the Gulf War was strictly verboten.
d. In a 1990 Gallup Poll, it was voted the second most popular song for unwed couples to make love to.
4. When Maria Muldaur found out she was playing in Asheville the same night as Adele, the British pop star whose recent album, 21, is the top selling of 2011 so far, she reacted how?
a. Smiled gamely and said, “Bring it.”
b. Renegotiated her contract with the Grey Eagle to include unlimited Long Island Ice Teas.
c. Tried to convince Coldplay to be her opening act.
d. No one has actually gotten up the nerve to tell her yet.
5. The Blind Boys of Alabama surprised many fans this year when:
a. They allowed their song, “I Know a Place,” to be used in a commercial for Jack-In-the-Box.
b. Two of the members admitted they’d never actually been to Alabama.
c. They released a country music album co-produced by Jamey Johnson.
d. Lead singer Jimmy Carter called Ben Harper “a weenie” for dumping Laura Dern.
6. Which of the following statements regarding the BBA and the Grammys is NOT true?
a. The Blind Boys of Alabama have won more Grammys than Diana Ross, Bob Marley and Queen combined.
b. They always forget to thank Jesus in their acceptance speech.
c. They were honored in 2009 with a Lifetime Achievement Grammy award.
d. They performed a song with Kanye West at the 2005 Grammys.
* Known for his rock n’ roll hits in the ‘70s and ‘80s, Eddie Money plays the Biltmore Estate on Friday, Oct. 7 at 8 p.m.
* Maria Muldaur performs at the Grey Eagle on Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 8 p.m. Her biggest hit was “Midnight at the Oasis,” and enjoyed a successful solo career in the ‘70s and ‘80s. Her latest album, Steady Love, was released last month.
* The Blind Boys of Alabama have been making rousing gospel music for more than 50 years, and they’ve played with Lou Reed, Bonnie Raitt and Ben Harper (to name just a few.) Truly legends of their genre, they play the Orange Peel on Friday, Oct. 7 at 8 p.m.
Answer Key: 1 (B); 2 (He said all those things); 3(D); 4(D); 5(C); 6(B)