Full announcement from Grandfather Mountain Stewardship Foundation:
Online registration begins April 1 for Grandfather Mountain’s annual Nature Photography Weekend, a stimulating workshop for photographers planned for May 30-June 1.
The annual event features presentations from five renowned photographers, spectacular shooting opportunities on the Mountain and a friendly but competitive photo contest.
The 2014 speakers are:
– Gene Furr – Retired photojournalist for The News & Observer and recipient of more than 200 photography awards.
– John Isaac – Retired United Nations photographer, world traveler and author of numerous photography books.
– Jim Ruff – Award-winning nature and landscape photographer and former engineer and educator.
– Les Saucier – Professional photographer and creator of the Flowerpod and Macro Flashlight, two innovative tools for macro photographers.
– Tony Sweet – Former jazz musician and professional magician turned photographer, author of five books on the art of photography.
These presenters will speak on a range of topics during sessions in the afternoons and evenings, allowing participants to explore Grandfather Mountain and take their own shots during the day. Opportunities for sunrise and sunset photography also will be offered.
Participants are invited to camp free at the Woods Walk Picnic Area during the weekend, taking advantage of one of few opportunities to stay overnight inside the attraction.
Admission to Nature Photography Weekend is $115 and covers three-day park admission, Saturday evening meal, entry to all presentations and a flash drive for submitting contest entries.
Family members and guests of participants may visit the Mountain at a discounted rate during the weekend if registered ahead of time.
Online registration begins at midnight (12 a.m.) April 1 at www.grandfather.com. Photographers should act fast — the event usually fills within a matter of days.
For more information and description of speakers and their presentation topics, visit grandfather.com/events/nature-photography-weekend-2/ or call (828) 733-2013.