Buncombe County TV has produced the latest video in its Crime Stoppers series, which shows the “Mountains Most Wanted” suspects and asks viewers to call authorities with tips on their locations.
“Buncombe County Crime Crime stoppers is a very important program that allows you, the citizens of Buncombe County to partner with law enforcement to help keep our community safer,” says Sheriff Van Duncan. “Your anonymous calls are very important tools in helping us locate people who are wanted by the authorities.”
The video below features the county’s most wanted suspects for the month of December, showing photos and physical descriptions of each of them as well as their charges. Send anonymous tips on their locations to Crime Stoppers at 828-255-5050 or email law enforcement at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone providing information that leads to an arrest could be rewarded with a cash payment.
Video embedded via the BCGOVTV YouTube site.
Here’s more info on the program from the Buncombe County website:
How does this program work?
1. The first step begins when a concerned citizen makes an anonymous telephone call to Crime Stoppers. The coordinator or Communications takes the information offered, and gets the individual’s date of birth.
2. Information obtained by the Crime Stoppers coordinator will be forwarded to the appropriate agency and division.
3. The board will vote on the dollar amount to be awarded to the anonymous person when an arrest has been made based on the caller’s tips.
4. When the caller contacts Crime Stoppers to check on the status of his/her file, the coordinator will inform him/her of the arrest and the reward money. The coordinator will get a physical description of the caller and will give him/her a receipt number to use to receive the cash money. A time and place to meet a board member will be set up.
5. The caller and board member will meet in the designated place, and the caller will have to write their receipt number on the paper, and will receive his/her cash reward.
Crime Stoppers is an important way for Buncombe County to get involved with keeping the community safe and crime free. Tips from anonymous callers are invaluable for law enforcement officials to find and apprehend suspects.